CHAPTER FIFTEEN - TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY

IF YOU'RE A NEW WRITER ON HERE AND DON'T HAVE AN IDEA FOR A STORY, GO TO MY PROFILE AND LOOK AT MY STORY IDEAS BOOK. OR IF YOU WANT TO START A NEW BOOK BUT DON'T HAVE AN IDEA ALSO, GO CHECK IT OUT! I LOVE HELPING YOU GUYS OUT!!

p.s. please don't kill me

but this is kinda a filler chapter for the next chapter which i'm rly looking forward to!!

"I feel like a proud mother" -tentxcion

"Bruh I'm gonna fling you across the freaking room" -esnystyles

FIFTEEN

I was right when I said that Jack wouldn't remember anything that was said yesterday. Even though we had fallen asleep on the bench together, when I had woken up, he wasn't there. After that, whenever I walked into the same room, he avoided making eye contact with me. Whether he truly was confused about what happened or he knew what exactly happened, he didn't make any sign to show his emotions.

I don't know why I was so disappointed because I saw this coming. I knew that everything would return back to normal, but I had hope. I always did, and I honestly don't know why I did that to myself. All that hope is giving me is a broken heart.

After yesterday, I was left more confused than ever. My mind was already disoriented when Avery came up to talk to me about Jack, and the things she said were just out of my grasp. To add to that, Jack said exactly what Avery was hinting me on, but what did it mean?

One second, he said all these sweet things to me, and then the next, he acts as if nothing had ever happened between us.

"You need to get over him," I told myself. "You deserve better than him." This time, I was keen on keeping my words. I couldn't let him get in my way anymore.

I will always love him, that part is obvious, but I need to learn that we weren't meant to be. I need to learn how to live without him. I need to stop depending on him. I need to crush all the hope that's left of us ending up together again. I need to be happy. I need to be confident in myself.

I walked up to Ivy with a true smile on my face. "Hello, Ivy!" I had decided that if I wanted to be happy, I had to try everything that I haven't in the past year.

"Wow, you woke up on the right side of the bed for once," she said, looking astonished at my new self.

I laughed. "I just decided to leave him in my past. Sure, we're in a duo together, but that's all. No strings attached."

She perked up, eyes lighting up, and she sat up straight. "You're joking."

I laughed once again. "I was tired of hanging by a single thread with no support," I shrugged.