Chapter - 33

Let me cherish you, for once

Your POV:

"Y/n-ah I hope to see you soon." Grandma said as she grips my hands which she was holding all this time. I nod smilingly. "Yes, I will."

"Then will be heading back to his office. I hope he ate something, I'm worried about him." My mother-in-law said with a troubled expression. "Mother...don't worry I'm sure his secretary is taking good care of him. Just take care of yourself and don't stress too much. I'm telling this to both of you, okay?"

They both nod and stare at me for few moments. "You haven't changed a bit. Have you?" Grandma said as she strokes my hair. I stare at them confused. "You still worry about others first and then you don't even look at yourself much." Grandma said as she tears up. I couldn't say a word, Idk what to say right now.

"I'm so ashamed to admit that my son treated you so cruelly. I'm so ashamed to say that I made such a precious baby waste her life on someone like my son. I'm so sorry baby...I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you and you have to face and suffer alone like this. I'm so sorry honey."

My mother-in-law tears up as she looks down on her feet and sobs silently. Grandma was tearing up too. Unknowingly my tears started to stream down from my cheeks.

"I can't even throw him away and make him suffer. He's my child and...I can only blame myself and my upbringing...I raised him. How did I raise such a child? I-"

"Mother...please..." my voice cracked up. "Please don't blame yourself...I know you and I'm well aware of your upbringing. The proof is your other two children. He treated me like that and it was in the past. I can't forgive him but I can't also give all the blame to you. It was written in my luck that people will treat me like trash and that's what happened so please don't blame yourself. You shouldn't throw him away and ofc why would you throw your child for me. I hope he'll receive his punishment soon and realize what he did in the past wasn't appropriate enough." I said while crying and sniffing. My voice wasn't stable enough after hearing them taking all the blames.

"He is still receiving his punishment dear." Grandma said as she smiles proudly and wipes her tears. I give her a confused look.

Chuckling she said, "do you think my husband and son is dumb and will let him off. The year you left your father-in-law forbidden him to come to our mansion, he even him to have any kind of contract with any other foreign company let alone go outside of the country. Even all the money he earned, goes to your grandfather in-laws bank account, he only received the necessary money he needs to live for. Your grandfather-in-law always keeps him busy with works so that he won't go and fool around, wasting money on foolish things. His friends tried many times to help him with money and peace but my husband and son didn't let them, they received punishment too. But now we are getting old and after seeing him working so hard your grandfather and father-in-law let him be but they never let him in our house if he ever wanted to come he'll have to stay outside and speak. But now I'm sick and only he can help us with the company and other things you grandfather and father-in-law let him in but they always ignored him." Grandma said everything while smiling.