Chapter - 35 (2)

~eyes are never quite~

Your POV:

I was staring at her blankly for a brief moment. I couldn't believe my own ears and eyes. The woman whom I never met but was the only reason for all my ruined marriage is right in front of me. I'm hearing her side of the story and how everything turned upside down back 9 years ago.

"So this is the only reason why he doesn't want to collaborate with us." She sighs and sips on her drink. She looks at me lazily but when she sees my face her eyes widen. "Omo!! I'm so sorry for making you listen to all this. I'm really sorry. I hope I didn't-"

I interrupted her. "No, you didn't. You didn't waste any more time of mine."

She was staring at me shocked and she looks like she's scared. Maybe because of my empty gaze on her. But I can't feel anything. Everything is so heavy for me now...

I smile. "It's okay. May I ask you few questions? As you just opened up to me about this matter." I said politely. She flinched a little and Idk why. Maybe because of my sudden cold voice. But she eventually nods.

The waiter came to clean up the table. "Umm...I would like to order bubble tea the regular one." The waiter nods. I look at Mrs. Im, "would you like something else?"

"Yes...umm I'll take one mango juice. Thank you." She said smiling. She looks calm but frightened at the same time. I haven't said anything yet.

"Mrs. Im you said that tae- I'm sorry the president found out about you and came directly to your in-law's house...where you were living. Do you perhaps remember what he said how he found out about you or anything?"

I sound like a detective or an investigator but I've got no choice I have to get to the whole goddamn story. I have got all the rights to know, my life was ruined completely back then because of those two stupid lovers.

She bites her bottom lips and tries to think. Her eyebrows twitched, "He said if I needed money and was so desperate to have babies I could have told him. And he also said that he invested all his money on that mansion because I liked that place and the environment and now he has to wait a year to earn back that money so that we can get married and live happily."

I nod and in response, I said hmm. "Where did you learned about everything? Tell me everything you remember." She looks at me confused. I laugh nervously and said, "I might get some idea to help you up with getting this project."

She smiles and nods. "Actually before everything happened. The night my brother and father told me about all this I heard that Taehyung's father actually challenged him to earn his own money. Because he wanted to see how worthy his son is to take the president position. So taehyung didn't have much money. He only had money to fill his stomach. I once said I wanted a mansion that's very refreshing and can be called home. Taehyung worked day night to prove his worth and buy that expensive mansion with all those workers for me. I was so pleased, he loved me like a madman and what did I do to him?" She sniffs.