Chapter - 58

Back to the stars

Back to the stars

Perhaps

I will find you there

Taehyung POV:

I once read a quote that says, "The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever." I felt that and it hurt to read that and keep that in my mind...till now.

If we were given the option to choose between letting our heartbreak or protecting it like all those recently reinforced glass hearts, what would we choose? People would most likely want to choose the second option. Who wants to break their hearts willingly, but suppose that the outcomes of giving their hearts to someone else were known beforehand? Then how would we decide? Since I'm a human and humans are ignorant, I believe I will still give my heart to be broken. I wonder what decision my former self would have made. I wonder what decision she would have made. Would she decide to hold onto a sound and clean heart? I questioned... I keep getting lost... I'll continue to wander until...

"I hope everything is well up there and that things are good with you."

I set down the brush I was using to clean the headstone. My clothes are already dirty enough, but I don't have time to think about it right now. I have to get the kids ready for school and go home in 20 minutes. They insisted on coming, but I simply cannot bring children to the cemetery because they don't yet understand the significance of the place. Instead, they would have to wait a little longer to pay their loved ones who are peacefully resting here a visit.

My skin is abruptly touched by a cold breeze, which makes me immediately shudder. I force myself to look up and discover that the clouds have begun to darken. "Oh no no, please don't do that right away. I just polished the headstone, and I still have a lot to tell he--"

The rain began to fall, but it was drizzling at the time. I breathe deeply and get to my feet as I begin to collect the items and place the flowers on top of the gravestone.

Incredible life! Even forgetting to bring an umbrella, I should always carry it with me, Sana suggested, just in case. What more can one do? I need to say greet while getting drenched in this rain.

"I should have known by now that whenever I come to see you, awful things always have to happen, and they always take place right after I finish washing the gravestones. I'm not whining, or mostly I am You obviously know, right? I'm not aware of the fact that if you are watching from up there."

I get on my legs in front of the headstone and stare intently at the lettering. What a beautiful name for a wonderful spirit. "Everything is going well, I know you have been waiting for me to say it right the moment I appeared and my apology I kept you waiting...babies are really doing fine but oh god!! Taehee hates veggies so much and both of them love to eat sweets way too much...don't worry all of us are trying to take care of them. I pause for a moment and take a breath of fresh air from the odd scent air before continuing. I rub my hands together as I wash my face with my chilly, damp hands.