Tanbarun

"Thank you Master!"

. . .

   Obi and I walked being tailed by the carriage until the coachman speaks up.

   "You both should get into the carriage before we make it to the castle."

   We listen to him. It makes sense that we, or at least Obi, should appear to be regal in some sense. Right now he is representing Zen.

   The inside of the carriage matches the dark wood exterior. Dark grey cloth seats with purple curtains over the large windows. It's bright and I don't feel as trapped as I thought I would. Obi, who sits across from me, looks strangely at home in here. His new clothes and lack of headgear make him look like he's apart of the design.

   The only thing that doesn't fit is me. "I feel like I don't belong here."

   "What do you mean?"

   "I'm not sure. It just doesn't feel right."

   Minutes pass and I begin to feel sick. It's a sticky feeling. I keep my half lidded eyes focused through the front window and take deep breaths. The breaths feel heavy and I feel unattached to my body. As if when I move I'll come undone completely.

   "Are you motion sick?"

   "Mhm." Is all I can respond as I look past his head. I can't move my eyes from the path ahead of us, I can't talk, I can't focus on him talking. My only focus right now is keeping myself together.

   (If you're a fellow "if it moves I'm sick" dragon slayer like me did I do well describing motion sickness?)

   Every bump in the road made me pale. I can see the castle gates ahead, but I don't move my vision to them. Almost there, don't give up on me now stomach.

   The carriage shifts and Obi moves across my narrow line of sight. I feel him sit next to me.

   "What was that face for?!" He says in fake defense to when I cringed from him moving the carriage more. I hope he knows I'm taking that question as rhetorical because speaking will not be my friend right now.

   He starts to rub my arm. My first thought is to shy away, but it's oddly soothing. My breaths shallow out. The sticky feeling is still there, but it's not overwhelming like before.

   The carriage enters the gate after some shouting from guards to open it. The moment the horses slow to a stop I fling myself through the door. I inhale the fresh air on stable ground as if it is my first breaths.

   "Thank you Mr Obi, that really helped."

   He doesn't respond, instead he walks up to greet the man standing on top of the few steps in the grand entrance. The man has light grey hair with dark undertones.

   "Welcome, Obi. I'm sorry Prince Raj couldn't welcome you himself, he has been very busy studying." He says curt, but not rude. We make eye contact for a brief moment. "I assume this is your guard?"

   He laughs lightly at that, "I suppose she is."

   "Hello, pleasure meeting you. . " He waits for me to add my name. "Y/n, I am Sakaki, Prince Raj's aide."

   "The pleasure is mine."

   We follow him through the castle as he leads us to the prince's office. Shenazard Castle has a different aura than Wistal Palace. I wouldn't say dark, but it's not as bright as Wistal. The interior is decorated in baroque-esqu style. Differing in that it's more dark oak wood than granite.