I Promise, Chiho

"I would love some." He leans back in his chair.

. . .

   The kings and first prince finish their food and we all head to the royal sparing grounds. It's obvious this castle is empty more often than not. The marble floor is littered with dry leaves and dirt blown in from outside. The royals take their seats facing the grounds.

   "Donao and- um" Salis's king spoke.

   "Y/n, your majesty."

   "Donao and y/n first."

   I practically skip into the center, curious to see if these giants are stronger than Obi. Donao was less enthusiastic.

   "Are you watching?" I ask allowed.

   "Of course." Izana said, but I wasn't talking to him.

   The answer I wanted came when a glint of light passed over my eyes. I was careful to look without the others seeing. Obi was hidden in the trees, twisting a blade between his fingers to reflect the sun to me.

   I smile and hum to myself.

   "I don't want to hurt you." Donao was nervous.

   "You couldn't even if you did." Yeah, I'm feeling a little cocky, "Do your best, I want to impress someone." I smirk and quickly glance at Obi. He's not in the same spot, but I know he's somewhere watching.

   "Commence!" Donao's king declared.

   I stand waiting for Donao to do something, when he doesn't I do. I sprint at him and he doesn't even make an attempt to move. I jump to land a kick on his head, but when he doesn't try to block it, I spin to miss mid-air.

   I land behind him and just stare, disappointed. "Donao, at least dodge."

   "But-"

   "'i don't want to hurt you.' " I say defeated. "please just trust me here, I'll say something if you hurt me too badly."

   "Okay. . ."

   He turns and actually goes into a fighting position. I wait for him to charge, but he's still apprehensive. Instead I go for the first hit again. This time he deflects my kick. Not only can I see him break from his shell after seeing how strong my hit was, but I feel like I don't need to hold back as much now that he's going to dodge properly.

   He takes me off-guard when he charges first. I dip out of the way, being far more nimble than him, just in time.

   Obi is watching me, I can't let him see me fail. That would be embarrassing, besides, I already know Donao's weakness. At least I'm assuming.

   His attack had him leaning more towards his left. I'm willing to bet his right side is, even the slightest bit, weaker. That's why he either purposely or subconsciously tried to defend it.

   So let's make it so he doesn't try to defend it. Using a tactic learned from the best, just morphed for my current needs. It's my turn to attack, so I jog towards him. To make it look more convincing I knock a foot I to my ankle and fall forwards.

   Donao has the same response I did when Obi did this to me, he tried to stop my fall. I caught myself on my hands and, made easier by him trying to help me out, I wrapped my legs around his massive right arm and dropped. He fell and I landed, seated, on his stomach.

   When I was sure if my victory I stood up and made sure he was okay. Obi is missing from his previous spot, but I know he saw me and is still watching.