Fort Laxdo

"Y/N!!" I was pushed out of the way before the horse stomped the ground.

   I opened my eyes, but there was dust kicked up from the horses commotion. Someone was next to me talking, but it went through me head.

   When the dust finally settled I saw the girl calming the horse and the others looking at me. When I actually followed their eyes they weren't looking at me, they were looking at Hiraku.

   "Brother!?" I stood up immediately and yelled down at him, "Why are you here?!"

   "I could ask you the same thing, y/n." He stood up and dusted himself off. I jumped into a hug with him. I have never gone a day without him or anyone else in my family.

   "I've missed you."

   He hugged back, "I missed you, too."

   He dropped his arms and I let go of him. I noticed the travelers still looking weary by the caravan.

   "Are you traveling with them?" I asked him.

   "Yeah," he called over to them, "It's okay, she's my sister!" They all relax some.

   "What's their deal?"

   He laughed, "I see leaving the village hasn't changed you." He smiled down at me, "but they were just worried you might be one of the hunters."

   I was shocked, "you told them about it?"

   "Yeah, I ran into them during the first week. They are really nice people when you get past their skittishness."

   I giggle at him, he hasn't changed either. I so desperately hope he's the one to win.

   "So what have you been doing with yourself? Just traveling with them?" I ask.

   "Yes, I figured if I kept moving they would have a harder time tracking me. What about you? What have you been doing?" He looked  at what I was wearing, "You've definitely been doing better than me."

   "Oh, yeah. I've been staying around the castle." I beam at him. He looked at me in disbelief. "As an aide to the prince, nothing special."

   "The prince?!" The others said together.

   For the first time I looked at them, I mean really looked at them. The girl slightly older than me, 2 other women, and a middle aged man. Dad, mom, and daughters. Cute family.

   "Yeah." I turn back to Hiraku, "Have you seen any of the others?"

   "No, Alice and Kenta are as good as ghosts, but I do know where Daichi and Jiro may be."

   "Really? Do you think they were caught?" He raised an eyebrow at my statement, "okay, I mean do you think Kenta was caught?"

   "I have no clue-"

   "Wait, did you say you might know where Daichi and Jiro are?!"

   "Yeah, awhile ago I came upon some of the hunters, they didn't notice me so I listened to them. He said the twins might be in a kingdom named Tanbarun."

   "Tanbarun. . ." I said under my breath, "I've never heard of it."

   "Yeah, it's totally cheating that they gave the hunters maps!"

   I nod my head. I hear hooves coming from the path I was following. It had to be them catching up.

   "I haven't told the people I'm with about everything. Only the prince knows, I would be thankful if you didn't tell them." He nods, "thank you."