Fallen Tree

"Absolutely not. And telling you would be acting on it.

. . .

I can pretend I'm not curious about what Obi was going on about, and that's what I'm gonna do. He doesn't want to tell me he doesn't have to, I won't hold it against him, that much.

I steel a glance and his face gives nothing away. Just the same playful look he always has. I look back ahead, and the stables are in view. The stable boy's head bobs in and out of view from the windows. His father is actually the man who is in charge, but his son helps out whenever he can.

When we're about to walk in Obi says, "Do you want me to hold your hand?"

"I'm not scared of horses anymore."

"That's not what I asked."

"Ooo if I didn't know any better I'd say you're flirting."

"I wish you didn't know any better." He mumbles.

I pop my head into the stables and catch the boy running from one to the other carrying a bucket of pellets, pouring it into smaller buckets.

I walk fully in and he stops when he sees me. "Hello!"

"Hello, sir. Can you ready horses for a carriage on the third?"

"I'll go get father, he's who you need to ask."

"What?" I pretend to be shocked, "You aren't the head here?"

"No, I'm too young."

"That can't be!" I go into the voice I speak to kids with, "You must be at least fifteen?"

He smiles proudly "I'm eight. I will run it when I'm older!!"

"You could run it now with how well you feed the horses!"

He runs off with a skip in his step to get his father.

"Do you like kids?" Obi asks, amused.

"To an extent."

Minutes later an older version of the boy comes in. "What can I do you for?"

"Carriage horses for the third through the sixth. It's for Prince Izana."

"Of course!"

. . .

Now a total loop back to Mitsuhide and I'm done. Mitsuhide is the head of defense, so naturally head be the one to send guards with the pain.

"Mr Mitsuhide!" I shout and jog to catch up to him.

"Guards for his highness's trip?"

"Yes please."

"Already set. You should be good come the end of the week now."

"Thank you so much!" I'm about to walk away but add, "The head Coachman, I don't think she likes you."

"Huh?!"

"When I was speaking to her she was adamant about not talking to you."

"That doesn't make sense-" he has a look of utter shock, "KIKI!" he marches toward where I would assume Kiki is.

"What now?" Obi asks.

"Now I go back to deal with the pain." I whine.

Respect or no, I don't enjoy his presence. The first prince is just a bit much. Plus I feel like he's just as much on edge around me as I am with him. Even so, it's different.