I Have To Go

There is only one thing missing in this perfect happily ever after.

. . .

   Obi and I are walking along the river I used to love so much in the snow. Who am I kidding? I still love this river. It reminds me of Obi and Obi of it.

   "I can't believe it's already been three years." He says. "Remember when we used to sleep in that tree together?" He points to our tree.

   "I remember it being my tree first." I pout. "What's with the reminiscing? You're worrying me." I joke.

   "No reason-"

   "Nope, I can tell when you lie."

   He bobbles his head around, debating whether to tell me or not.

   He kneels down to pick a winter flower, "I don't know your favorite flower."

   "Yes you do, stop playing around. Do you want me to get Galats over here?"

   "No!" He says too quickly, "I mean no. Here." He holds out his fist, the flower enclosed in it.

   I hold my hand out and he drops it in my palm. There was a more defined weight on my hand and when I take it from under his to see what it is, I can't help but laugh a little. In my hand is the flower laying gingerly over a golden ring.

   He grabs my hands gently, still on his knee. "Three years ago today you said you loved me and I said I loved you, except it wasn't snowing then. . . Do you still love me?"

   The reality of it just sunk in and tears threaten to fall. "That's a dumb question." My voice cracks.

   "So, will you marry me?"

   "That's also a dumb question." I drop to my knees and hug him.

   "Is that a yes?"

   "Yes!"

   When we broke apart from our hug he put the ring on my finger and tucks my hair behind ear, securing it with the flower. He brushes my cheek with his hand and gently kisses me.

(Dw big smoochy will be at their wedding hehe)

. . .

   I run through the castle looking for someone to tell. I burst I to Zen's office, forgetting to knock. I thank whoever's looking out for me because not only is Mitsuhide and Kiki there, but Shirayuki is too.

   "Master, I'm sorry for barging in, but-"

   "He finally proposed?" Mitsuhide cut in.

   Kiki slapped his shoulder, "Let her say it."

   I laugh, "It's fine, but after so long I thought Master and Miss Shirayuki would have been engaged first." Both of them turn bright red looking away from the other. "It's too easy." I shake my head.

   When she comes back around she says, "I've been given some time off, I can help you plan it."

   "That would be amazing!"

   "Do you need to go to the village to tell them?" Kiki asks.

    "Uh, heh, actually we don't do weddings or even marriage in the village. In their eyes our relationship will not have changed. But I think it's just such a wonderful tradition I want to partake in it. That being said, I have no idea where to start, Miss Shirayuki."

   . . .

   I take Shirayuki to my house and Zen said to drag along Kiki as well. And who am I to disobey Zen?