Right of Passage: End

so, um. . . I don't normally do this but: trigger warning. Gore and a lot of it at that. Death. . . And uh. . . Hm, I hope you enjoy? No, yeah I do hope you enjoy ʘ‿ʘ

(Honestly the gore isn't all that bad but just be weary)

Also, I recommend sad music.

"Skip ahead already!!" Y/n shouts.

. . .

   It is the day of.

   I moved to sit in a tree where the finish line is just in view. It's crazy to think that maybe thirty steps could change everything for me, and that I'm thirty steps away from my dream and I'm not going to take them.

   It's already high noon and I'm on edge and overwhelmingly excited. I can only pray to whoever is out there that Hiraku makes it first.

   I start to fidget when there is no sight of anyone. Not a soul.

   I start to pace between trees to open my line of sight to more directions. A twig snaps and I hone my senses in it's direction. A rabbit. None of my siblings would be that noticable. . . unless.

   I aim my attention farther. The rabbit was spooked, and it was spooked by Alice. My heart rate quickens.

   I stay still, knowing her senses are far better than mine. It's a high possibility she already knows I'm here.

   I can feel my heart stop all together. How did I sense her so far away? The rabbit was a giveaway, but how'd she spook the rabbit? Alice is better than that.

   I focus harder and can feel her unsteady food steps and her wobble through the forest.

   "Wha-"

   Daichi steps infront of her. I was so distracted by the stupid rabbit I missed him.

   "Alice, you bring shame to our family and the village. How can you show up today expecting to claim my father's title?" His voice is quiet, I am far away.

   "I- I'm sorry." Alice's broken voice was even harder to pick up.

   "You're what?!" Daichi snaps in disbelief, "Sorry does nothing for you! Sorry doesn't bring Jiro back or erase all of your other transgressions!"

   "Killing Jiro wasn't my-"

   "BUT KILLING Y/N WAS!" He walks behind her and kicks her back, she falls to her knees and covers her eyes with her hands. She's not fighting back, or trying to block his blows.

   She's crying. . . Does she feel remorse for her actions? That is the polar opposite of the person I faced in Clarines.

   "Daichi-"

   He kicks her side, "Don't use my name! You're scum, no different than a stranger."

   I sneak closer, they still aren't in view, I only know what's happening because I can hear and feel it.

   I know neither will sense me, they are too occupied and overcome with emotion. Even I can feel the hatred for Alice stem from me.

   I get to the ground and peer from behind a tree. Alice is coated in blood. Her wounds from our fight are poorly stitched up. Some are even opened and bleeding from Daichi's abuse.

   "Just kill me." Alice sobs out.

   "YOU DON'T DESERVE DEATH!" Daichi shouts.

   My stiff shoulders soften, but only by a bit. I understand Daichi wants revenge, that's why I can't stop this small torture. Hell, I want to join. But I'm using this so Hiraku will win. I'm an awful person, but I can't help it. Hiraku needs to win and Alice needs to be punished.