Your All

That's when I made a decision.

   I throw one and pin Tsuyoshi's sleeve on the wood of the carriage walls. I whip around and hit the coachman's hand. He dropped the sword. I grab the dagger stuck in the floor and just escape Tsuyoshi grasping for my shirt.

   I stick the coachman to the ground by his pant leg and grab Obi. I carry him bridal style as I run down the path back to the castle. It's slow with his extra weight and I keep checking behind me. They will get out, that's not a question, the question is will I be close enough to the gates to leave Obi.

   His head won't stop bleeding.

   "AAAH!" I screech when I trip over a rock. I land on my stomach and Obi hits the ground hard. I get up and try to pick him up, but I hear footsteps behind me. "I'm so sorry." I whisper to him.

   I stand up and run back towards them. I need to get far away from him so they can't use him as leverage again. Tsuyoshi stopped running when he saw me walking towards him.

   "I've beaten you before, why will this time be any different?" I almost shout because of our distance from one another.

   "It's amazing how embarrassment from being beaten by a little girl motivates one. Why not give me another shot?"

   I glance over my shoulder to see Obi still lying there. "I'll grant you a rematch if your lackey stays aways from him. No reason to use underhanded tactics. If you win, fair, I'll go with you."

   "Don't worry about my son, he's still stuck. That dagger went deep."

   "I didn't know you had a son." How could I not notice something like that? It's a small village. I always thought I paid attention to everything. At this rate the idiot prince is better than me.

   "Enough talk, set the ground rules. Weapons or no?"

   "No."

   "Then let's go."

   He starts the fight by running at me. This is different from his reclusive fighting style I know. He's finally broken out of his shell.

   I jump and push off his shoulders to land behind him, "I'm a little bit proud of you, old man." my words are cut short by dodging a punch.

   "I would keep that mouth of yours shut, fifth."

   "You're right, you used to give me a run for my money before this huge improvement."

   I duck under another blow and sweep his ankles. His fall stops short when he catches himself on his hands and jumps back up.

   "You'll find now you won't be able to run quick enough."

   I avoid several punches in succession and retaliate with a kick to the head. He doesn't move quick enough and the sound of contact runs through the air.

   "Are you okay?"

   He doesn't answer, instead he flings himself at me. I land hard on my back but don't stop fighting. I get him off of me and stand. About to throw a punch down to where he lays, a sickly sound of cracking followed by my scream mutes the rest of the forest.

   I collapse and I feel tears streaming from the pain. My ankle has to be broken. While he was lying he twisted and hit my ankle straight on.

   He stands over me. "I watched you grow up, I know every one of your weaknesses. I just never exploited them before."

   Of course. He was the one who carried me back to camp when I broke my ankle in the forest with the twins. Since then my left ankle has been weaker.