At Odds

Shhhh I'm not late with this. Technically I didn't do one last week and this is early for this week. #powerofsunday

Ice prince is losing his composure, it must be a big deal. I back of for now to let him work.

. . .

He's been staring at the paper with his hand in running through his long golden hair for awhile now.

"Prince Izana-"

"Yes?" Irritation is evident despite his best efforts.

"What is the cause of their feud?"

"Does it matter? Regardless war will-"

"I thought you were smart." I say and wish I hadn't.

He picks his head up and turns in his chair. Clearly amused. "Oh?"

"Instead of whatever scheme you're trying to make up, just talk with them. You're right in that there is no need for war, but-"

"I've heard enough." He puts a hand out to silence me, and it works. I need to stop talking out of turn. "Get me a snack."

I hold a sigh, "Yessir."

. . .

I place the silver tray with his snack next to his untouched drink. He holds out letters.

"Bring these to the palace's messengers." I have to restrain myself from ripping the letters from his hands.

"Yessir."

. . .

"Fetch Marquis Haruka."

"Yessir."

. . .

"Make me tea."

"Yessir."

. . .

"I rather a cold beverage."

"Yessir."

. . .

"One last task before you turn in for the night."

"Yessir?"

"Where are you spending your time here?"

"Do you mean where I live?" He nods, "Outside the walls."

"Ah yes, in the trees near the river." He says as if that's not scary and borderline creepy.

"Is that diligence or stalkerish?"

He chuckles, "Point being, while you're my aide, you must be within yelling distance. You will board in a guest room. The maids know which, so you may be on your way."

". . . Goodnight, your majesty."

Outside of his office Obi and a maid were waiting. The maid dipped her head and started to the room.

"So?" Obi questions why we're following the maid.

"I have to be within call of his royal highness."

"Royal pain in the-"

Obi and I both sense Izana and turn around before he speaks.

"Care to finish that?" Izana says, smirking.

"If he doesn't, I will." I mutter.

"Oh?"

My eyes widen. I wasn't meant to say that and he definitely wasn't meant to hear.

I bow slightly, "I should go before she runs off." I say referring to the maid who didn't notice we stopped and start after her.

She stops infront of one of the bedroom doors, "You will be staying here until the end of your punishment." She smiles sweetly.