Hand and Foot

filler skip if you so desire (I highly recommend reading) and thank you for staying with me so far. (。・ω・。)ノ♡

Third pov

"Remember when you said you'd wait on me hand and foot?" Obi says sitting next to y/n. She was sitting on the steps watching him train the soldiers all morning.

   "I remember saying you'd be bored if you were ever doted on. Nothing about it happening or me being the dote-er."

   "I said prove it."

   "And then the conversation got cut off. I never said anything incriminating." He looked at her with puppy dog eyes. . .kitty cat eyes. "Okay, fine. But get comfortable because you're not allowed to move from that spot for anything."

   "What if-"

   "No. If you stand up at all today I'm quitting."

   He chuckled, "Fine fine, first I want pastries from town."

   She sighed and marched away. He watched after her with a glint in his eye. He only told y/n to go so far for a pastry she could get in the castle to see if she would do it. Of course she did because she never actually goes into the castle for anything other than Zen.

   How long has it been? Obi wondered to himself. A question with multiple layers. How long has it been since I have been since he could relax to this extent? How long has it been since y/n came into the castle and his life? How long has it been since he's fallen completely in love with her?

   The answers? The last time he relaxed was in the tree before leaving for Tanbarun. He watched y/n's chest rise and fall and it put him at ease. Y/n came into his life a little less than five months ago. When did he fall in love with her? That's a hard question.

   His infatuation started within the first week. How she asked him questions that any child would know. Especially when she was thrown into jail because the guards thought she was a trespasser. Maybe it was then. When he saw how determined she was to get better to earn a spot next to them.

   After that he found the little things she did adorable and endearing. The smile she has plastered on her face while sprinting through the trees or the almost unnoticeable pout she has when he jokes with her. The evil sparkle in he eye when they play pranks on Mitsuhide is his favorite.

   Beyond the little things, she's an absolutely beautiful person. Inside and out. Back on the ship to find Minako she jumped from hiding to save the young boy from being beaten. That's something Obi would admittedly never do, he would be more focused on the mission.

   She's also intelligent despite being a dummy. She sensed Kokoro was suspicious and used false names. This is where she's a little dense. In a snow covered forest she chose the name Yuki.

   Remembering that, he feels responsible for y/n's kidnapping in more ways than he cares to consider. First, had he not slipped up and used her real name Kokoro wouldn't have known it was actually her. Second, had he not gotten knocked down in the carriage he could have done something more for her.

   He felt like an idiot after y/n told him everything that happened. How she tried to carry him to the gates, but instead fell. It made him feel worse when she apologized for it.

   On the other hand y/n thinks it's a little funny. How the experienced assassin who goes by several names was the one who slipped up. Not even for a second did y/n blame him for anything that happened.

   Everything that happened led to where they are now, so what's the point of being upset about any of it? That's her take on everything.

   As for when she fell in love with Obi? She hasn't yet. She feels very close with Obi maybe even more so than Shirayuki at this point, but romantic love is foreign for her. When she's with Obi she feels at home. He is like a security blanket for her.