Me & My Neighbor | Pt. 1

2000

2000

NAS as MARCUS
AALIYAH as JAZLYN

It was 9pm and Jazlyn had just finished a long shift at the hair salon she worked at that was a few blocks away from her apartment down in Manhattan.

Jazlyn moved to New York from Detroit three months ago after being spotted by her now current boss, Tina, at a hair show back in Michigan. Jazlyn was there with her former coworkers showcasing various hairstyles in which Tina took a very strong interest in.

Tina found all of Jazlyn's styles to be one of a kind and just what her own shop was missing. As soon as she got the chance, Tina found Jazlyn backstage and presented her with the opportunity to work at her salon.

Jazlyn didn't want to leave her current place of work hanging, especially since she'd been working at that salon since she was 16. But the now 21 year old was ready for a change of scenery and a different world outside of what she was normally used to.

New York didn't sound too bad, plus Tina's pay was way better than what Jazlyn was getting back in Detroit. Tina's services were known to be provided to some very well known people. Models, actresses, artists... all that. So yeah, Jazlyn was more than glad to have been given this opportunity.

After a 10 minute taxi ride, Jazlyn thanked and paid her driver before exiting the car. She kept her walkman headphones over her ears as the song switched to Mobb Deep's 'Quiet Storm' featuring Lil Kim.

She entered her apartment building, taking the elevator up to the 21st floor where she resided while mouthing the lyrics to the loud music hitting off her eardrums.

She stopped in front of her door, looking down in her purse as she rummaged through it trying to find her house keys when the door next to hers had suddenly swung open, revealing Jazlyn's neighbor - Marcus.

Marcus stepped out into the hallway, shutting his door behind him and locking it. A smirk appeared on his face when his eyes laid on Jazlyn as she searched through her purse.

"Finally." Jazlyn snatched her keys out, speaking a little louder than she thought she did due to the loud music blasting in her ears.

Marcus snickered as he walked in her direction. Just as she was about to put her key in, Marcus tapped her left shoulder and quickly moved to the right side of her body.

Jazlyn looked over her shoulder, furrowing her eyebrows when nobody was there behind her. She immediately shot her head in the opposite direction, seeing Marcus leaned against the wall beside her.