The Set Up | Pt. 1

1996

1996

You sat there, restrained with no way to get out. Your body shook immensely while tears continued to roll down your face as your cries muffled through the black bandana that was wrapped around your mouth.

Nasir was seated across the table, glaring at you nonchalantly with a pistol in his hand. His two affiliates stood behind you on each side with the same weapons to add more fear into your heart.

Nasir sighed frustratedly and stood up from his end of the table, walking closer to you. "This the last time ima ask you, and you better answer me 'cause I'm really startin' to lose my fucking patience."

You breathed heavily while your tears continuously fell from your eyes as he bent down, staring deeply into them. "Where the fuck that nigga Shawn at?" Nas questioned you for the thousandth time tonight, pulling down the bandana from your mouth for you to speak.

"Fuck you, Nas!" You spat harshly at him, causing him to instantly stick his gun to your temple.

Shawn was your boyfriend whom Nas had a very serious on-going feud with. They used to be boys a while back, but that ended when Shawn crossed him over some money. Long story short, Shawn shot and killed Nasir's best friend, Will, in order to get that money.

They were all supposed to be a team in this hustling game. However, Shawn got a little too money hungry and wanted all the power for himself therefore distancing himself from Nas and the crew, and building a team of his own where he was the boss.

The two have been going at it ever since, with Shawn trying to take as much from Nas as he could in order for him to be the only one running shit.

But tonight was the last straw. Nasir wanted Shawn dead, and he wanted that shit to happen ASAP.

Not less than 24 hours ago, Shawn had caught Nas slippin' without any protection on him or his crew around him. Nas was on his way to visit his mother, who he always respected. So bringing guns and all that extra shit when going to see her was something he stopped doing after she cussed him out the first and last time he did.

Before he could even enter her house, Shawn and about four other men ran up on Nas, jumping him and stealing his jewelry along with three thousand dollars that was meant to be given to his mother.

The jewelry he didn't care for. But when you're getting in the way of him trying to make sure his family is eating, that's a whole different story.

You knew Shawn was heartless. He didn't care about anything but money. The only reason why he kept you around - other than you being a piece of ass to him - was because you were willing to do anything for him. You were more loyal than the niggas he rolled with.