Big Nas | Pt. 1

2018

2018

"Shortaaay, say what's your price! Just to back it up, you can hold my ice! Now let's say you oweeee me something!" The crowd sang along to Ginuwine's part in Nas' song 'You Owe Me'.

You were so excited to be at this concert. You, your sister, and your two best friends were huge fans of Nas. So of course when you heard he was coming down to Miami, you guys wasted no time purchasing tickets.

Even though the four of you were only in your 20s, you each loved everything about old school hiphop.

Nas has remained your favourite rapper of all time ever since you were in second grade and heard his song 'I Can' on BET's 106 & Park. You were only 8 years old at the time, but it was a memory you'd never forget. It became one of your favourite songs right at that very moment because it was an inspirational song for the youth.

This was also when Nas became one of your childhood celebrity crushes. By the time you reached the age of 13 and began saving up the little change your parents would give you, you would purchase magazines that had all your favourite artists in them and cut them out to put up on your bedroom walls. Nas' pictures took up half of those spaces.

You've been waiting for this moment literally your entire life - to be able to attend one of his concerts. It should've happened sooner, if you were being honest. But as soon as you turned 18, it was nothing but adulting for years. You pretty much never had time for these type of things.

But you and your crew were not about to miss another opportunity to see God's Son perform live, front row and centre.

Nas continued his show with a few more songs before ending off with 'Made You Look'. Everyone in the audience was going crazy, especially the men. This song was clearly a fan favourite.

"Miami I love y'all, thank you for having me! God bless y'all!" Nas spoke loudly in his mic as the show ended.

"We love you too, baby daddy!" Your sister Maya shouted back. "Ima fuck that man one day." She mumbled as we started to make our way out of the venue.

"You do know you're almost the same age as his daughter right?" One of your friends, Alicia, reminded Maya.

"So? It's not like I am his daughter." Maya shot back.

You just snickered and shook your head as you linked arms with the fourth member of your group, Sabrina.

Maya was only a year younger than you. She was the more outgoing, wild sister while you were a little more laid back. You loved Mr. Jones and his artistry, but your sister was an entire groupie for him.