What Happens On 40 Side

Just fine asf for no reason

40 Side of Vernon — Queensbridge projects. The place Nas used to call home, and the place he will always hold down no matter how rich and famous he's become.

He always loved coming back to visit. Seeing his childhood friends, kids playing around outside, all the mothers who used to claim him as their own son back in the day.. everything brought back good memories, even though things were not always perfect when he lived there.

Today was one of his days off from his hectic schedule. He decided to go back and pay everyone a visit. But this wasn't just a regular drop-by-and-leave visit. It was a whole block party going on thrown by the residents.

When they heard Nas would be dropping by, they decided to plan something just to show him their appreciation for always making sure everyone back in Queensbridge was straight, and especially for giving back to the kids.

Nas was currently sitting on the bleachers with his brother and friends at the basketball court watching the youth play.

One of the boys who looked no older than 10 years old, took it upon himself to go up to Nas and ask him if he wanted to shoot some hoops with them.

Everyone sitting with Nas suddenly started bursting out laughing. "Y'all really want my big bro to embarrass himself out here." Jungle cackled.

Nas smacked his lips and looked at him distastefully. "Stop hatin'." He simply responded before getting up and walking with the boy to the court.

"Aye go easy on him, youngin'!" Jungle shouted, still making fun of Nas' weak basketball skills.

Once the ball was in Nas' possession, he dribbled it down to the opposite end of the court and attempted to do a lay up but missed.

"This nigga can't ball for shit." Jungle snickered.

After a few more tries, Nas gave up. Everyone, including the kids were relieved.

"Stick to rapping." One of the kids patted his arm before Nas playfully mushed his head and went back to the bleachers.

"Yo, we gon' head up to Q's crib. His moms is making more food." Jungle informed his brother.

All the food that was being barbecued was finished and they were getting hungry again. They all headed into the apartment building, going up to Nas' old floor. Him and Jungle used to be Q's next door neighbor.

The aroma of the different foods being made hit their noses instantly. Q's door was already opened and his apartment was packed with people.