What A Girl Needs

(Not a smut chapter, just a little story I had sitting in my brain for the longest time

(Not a smut chapter, just a little story I had sitting in my brain for the longest time.)

1998

It was Friday night and the club was ten times more busy than any other Friday. Nas sat comfortably in his section, examining the overly crowded vicinity as people could barely move around to dance. "Why they still lettin' people in?" He thought to himself when he noticed more partygoers entering the club.

He shook his head before looking over at his boys who were either occupied with some random chicks or had a blunt to their face. 'Love Like This' by Faith Evans started playing and everyone instantly began to go wild once they heard the beat drop.

"Hey." A soft voice combined with a gentle tap on Nas' shoulder knocked him out of his thoughts. He looked to his left, seeing a woman in a tight, short strapless baby blue dress that hugged her frame perfectly with a half up half down hairstyle to go with it.

She had been sitting beside him for a while now but Nas honestly forgot she was there. After the first 15 minutes of conversation they were having, he tuned her out. She was beautiful but boring as shit.

"Oh my bad, shorty. I was just thinking about something. Ima go get a drink though, aight? I'll be back." Nas got up from the leather couch, heading into the crowd towards the bar.

He was lucky enough to find an empty stool with how packed it was. He sat down, waiting for a bartender to take his order. Making a mental note to himself, Nas decided he was going to head on home in half an hour since he wasn't really doing anything here. He felt like clubbing without real reason had become a complete waste of time to him. He'd rather be at home sleeping.

"Hi, what can I get for you?"

Nas slightly jumped at the sound of your voice. Your aura was welcoming, flashing him a smile through your strawberry glossed lips.

"A glass of Hennessy. Not too much ice, please." He responded with a small grin appearing on his face.

You nodded and prepared his drink. Nas kept his focus on you as you poured the brown liquor while dancing smoothly to the music. He couldn't take his eyes off you. Your skin glowed radiantly even under the dimmed lights in the club. Your hair was tied up in a curly ponytail, making your face easier to admire. Even in the simplicity of your work attire, you were gorgeous to him.

"Here you go." You said, sliding his glass to him. You gave him the price and he paid you with a very good tip included.

"All this just for giving you one glass of Henny?" You chuckled, holding up the money.

"So?" Nas shrugged, smirking at you. "Ain't nothin' wrong wit that." He stated before sipping his drink.