The Set Up | Pt. 3

1996

1996

It was almost midnight. You and the rest of Nas' crew pulled up around the corner from Shawn's stash house in an all black van.

They couldn't just walk in and kill Shawn without his little friends he had posted up as his 'security guards' causing a scene and messing up everything.

Luckily, the stash house wasn't that far from your crib. So the plan was for you to go in, tell Shawn you were on your way home from your sister's and your car broke down around the corner. This would get Shawn to come out and 'help' you. Once he does, it's a wrap from there.

To be honest, Nas and the rest of the group could give a fuck who was outside guarding the house. They had no problem killing anyone in sight. They just wanted you to go in so they could see if you were actually doing this because you wanted Shawn dead or Nas.

If you went in there and didn't come back out, or if Shawn came out bussing shots at the van, then they would know you were leading them into a death trap.

"It shouldn't take you no more than five minutes to get that nigga out here. That's all I'm giving you. Five minutes, in and out." Nas instructed.

You nodded and got out of the vehicle. You walked down the sidewalk, making a right and arriving in front of the house in a matter of seconds.

"Hey, Bleek." You greeted one out of three of Shawn's homeboys guarding the door. Bleek was the only friend of Shawn's you were fond of.

"Wassup, Y/N? You looking for ya boy?"

"Yeah, is he in there?"

"Mhm, go on in." Bleek twisted the doorknob, opening the door for you.

You stepped in and headed straight for the kitchen where drugs and money were scattered all over the table.

Shawn was seated, counting the money and placing them in a black duffel bag.

"Hey, babe." You fake smiled as you approached him. You thought you would be way more nervous than you currently were.

Surprisingly, you had no intentions of backing out of this plan and wanted to get the whole thing over with. Shawn was a menace from the beginning and he deserved what was coming for him.

"Whatchu doin' here?" He questioned you while wrapping an elastic band around the stack he just finished counting.

"I was on my way home from Chelsea's and the car broke down outside. Can you come look at it please?"