The Set Up | Pt. 2

1996

1996

You were on your way home after getting your nails done. You were supposed to be going out for drinks and have some girl time with your sister, but your plans ended up getting canceled when she informed you about her daughter being sick.

You missed hanging out with your sister but your niece was first priority, so of course you didn't get upset when she bailed. You decided to head straight home.

It's been two days since Nas popped up at you and Shawn's house. You figured he would be back again soon if he didn't catch Shawn in the streets. You just didn't know how soon.

For once in your life, you didn't run back to Shawn to tell him what happened, or that Nas was looking for him.

Nas clearly left you questioning yourself and why you even allowed yourself to get this far with Shawn. You deserved way better. It sucked that it took being held at gun point and one little kiss from your old friend to realize that.

What a weird night that was.

You didn't know what this meant for you and Nas. You always thought he was attractive, plus he was actually a gentleman underneath that hard exterior he displays.

You were confused as hell, but you brushed it off every time the thought came into your head.

When you arrived back at home, you kicked off your shoes and tossed your keys and purse on the couch before making your way upstairs.

"Shawn?" You called out as you reached the top of the stairs. You walked towards the bedroom you share with him, knitting your eyebrows together when you heard some weird sounds coming from inside.

The door was closed, making you slowly creep your way up to it and pressing your ear against the cold, solid surface.

Moans coming from another woman in your bed as it beat heavily against the wall.

You thought quickly about whether or not you should bust the door down and kick both of their asses.

You inhaled a shaky breath, feeling a knot form in your throat as you backed away from the door. You pulled it together real fast. You weren't going to cry over Shawn, not this time.

You quietly made your way back downstairs, snatched your purse off the couch, slipped back on your shoes, and left the house.

You didn't know how to feel. You drove around without a set destination, just thinking about all the time you wasted with this man because of materialistic things.