Be Mine

1997

1997

"Girl, I'm about to get the hell up outta here. There's way too many niggas." Your best friend, Diamond, said while giving all the men who just showed up to the party a dirty look.

"I'm with you on that. Let's go." You agreed and the both of you made your way out of the house.

Nine times out of ten, when that many guys pull up to a party together - a house party at that - they're usually looking for somebody. You and Diamond were not about to be caught up in the crossfire.

As you stepped down the front porch, you spotted Nas leaned against the side of his car, conversing and smoking with his brother and friends.

"Hey, Jungle." Diamond caught the younger sibling's attention.

"Oh shit, y'all here? What's good?" He hugged your bestie before greeting you. "Wassup, Y/N?"

"Nothing. We 'bout to go home." You replied. You were grateful that both Diamond and yourself only lived about a ten minute walk from the party.

"Word. It's pretty late though, lemme walk with y'all so I know y'all safe."

"Aight."

The three of you started to walk away from the vehicle. Jungle threw his arm around Diamond and began whispering in her ear, causing her to giggle.

You knew damn well he only wanted to walk you guys home because he was feeling Diamond. She was a beautiful girl but didn't care much for a relationship. However, she loved the attention so she always went along with Jungle's antics.

"Yo, you can't say hi?" Nas' voice caught your attention.

You stopped in your tracks, turning around to see him and his boy Anthony - or AZ for short - looking at you.

"I can, but you seem busy." You replied back to Nas and smirked, before raising an eyebrow at AZ. He instantly got the hint and scoffed.

"Well shit.. lemme get the fuck out y'all way then." Anthony's dramatic ass dismissed himself and softly mushed your head.

You chuckled and pushed him away before bringing your focus back on Nas.

"Hi ugly."

Nas smacked his lips and gently pulled you into him by your wrist, wrapping his arms around your waist. "Why you walkin' passed me without sayin' anything?"