Love At First Bail

2002

2002

You were writing down some notes as you patiently waited for the second person coming in for questioning tonight.

You dreaded working these late night weekends as a police officer, mainly because you always had to sit at the station and deal with all the drunk idiots who couldn't control themselves while partying.

That's exactly what you got stuck with, yet again.

You were informed about two males fighting outside a nightclub about an hour and a half ago. You just got done questioning one of them and sending him off to call his people for bail. You were now awaiting his boxing opponent.

"Ayo! Y'all don't gotta be so mothafuckin' aggressive!"

You automatically rolled your eyes at the man in handcuffs shouting at the officer who was bringing him in to you.

"Be quiet and sit down!" The officer removed the handcuffs and pushed the male towards the seat at your desk.

You continued writing in your notes, finishing off the last bit of information needed from the last guy before putting it to the side.

You brought a fresh piece of paper to begin the questioning on the man in front of you, who you still haven't, nor cared to make eye contact with.

"First and last name?" You asked, still looking down at the sheet, preparing to jot down his identity.

"First name: Your
Last name: Man
If you want me to be."

You dropped your pen and finally looked up with an irritable expression.

When your eyes landed on him, he had the most stupidest but cutest grin on his face. You thought he was the finest man you've ever seen. Deep caramel complexion, chinky eyes, baby fro.. just fine. But you were extremely exhausted, ready to go home, and not in the mood for corny ass pick up lines.

"Sir, I don't have time for this alright? What is your name?" You questioned again sternly.

He dry chuckled and clasped his hands together in front of him. "Nasir Jones."

You grabbed your pen, writing down his information. "Date of birth?"

"September 14th 1973."

You looked over at your computer screen, typing up his name and seeing that this was his first time getting in trouble with the law. You didn't want to judge a book by its cover, but it's either he was a really good citizen or he was just good at dodging the police.