Chapter 2

11 months ago (chapter song is My Own Hero by Andy grammer)

GENS POV

After we left the safe house they took me immediately to headquarters. They took me to the headquarters in California where their leader was.

Dang I'm making the children's league sound like a cult, or drug ring! It's obviously not, but anyways, back to what I was saying. They took me to meet Alban. He seemed like a nice man, but I knew I could not trust him.

After meeting him I had to go meet the other kids in my group. Apparently, they would go on missions with me, and we would have a minder aka a good agent who would make sure we do it right, and they would lead us.

The kids in my group were Jude, Nico, and vida. Jude was very energetic and oblivious, Nico was as they said it, fragile. And vida, she was just rude. Over the past month being with them she has warmed up to me, but she is still rude.

The boys have a room next to us and me and her share. She doesn't exactly have a kill chart like Liam said Cole has, but she definitely had to have some count in her head. She seems proud after her missions.

She has dates of missions they went on and when they finished them. She doesn't have any failed missions on here so I'm guessing she is one of their top students.

They know what I am and it doesn't seem like they care. I mean, Jude doesn't, Nico isn't very open, and vida.....she keeps her distance.

I don't think she likes me because of what I can do, I mean I don't like me either. I've seen the way she looks at me while we are in our room doing school.

Every little movement I do she looks as me like I might blow up. I understand though. I have accidentally blown up things in our room. Set things on fire. But never have I done it purposely.

We didn't get weekends off. We never got off days. Liam was right. It was all about work and they didn't care if you died. Apparently the only reason I was placed on the team I was, is because their leader died. So I became their leader.

I knew vida hated me for that. Me replacing them instead of her, or that I was me and not them. I didn't know how they died, who they were, I just know I replaced someone special. I wondered if she had a crush on the person, or maybe they were together. I don't know.

We had school on the weekends, and we had training all week. I hated it. They worked us to the bone, and I was so tired. At least I was getting some of an education though. That's what Liam left out. Or maybe it was new to the 'program'.

After meeting with them they told me my first mission. I would stay a month at Thurmond. The biggest camp in America. The most deadly. They will kill you if your red or orange, and just my luck, I'm both.

They told me as long as I listen to them, do as I'm told, and get the job done, I should live. They will have people from the league within Thurmond to watch me, but it's still scary.

All I have to do is act like a green. Observe all I can about the camp for a month and I will be good. Nothing bad should happen.

.....
8 months ago

Project Thurmond was a success and nothing bad happened.. They caught on a little in the end but they pulled me out before they could kill me.

I had a pair of glasses and it helped them get a better view of the camp. The schedule, cabin layout, everything. The only place I didn't go in is the control tower. And for obvious reasons I never went in.

I've been back for a month and getting back into the grove has been awful.

It was now Monday meaning I went into training like usual, only this time vida was my partner. Whenever that happened, I hated it. She didn't go easy, no matter how hard I begged her.