Chapter 17

Gens POV:

When I get back to the camp chubs storms up to me. "Where have you been and what did you do to Liam?" He questions me.

"I was at the lake and what do you mean?" I asked him.

"He came back from the lake and was all pissed. Like more than usual." He tells me. My actions can't control emotions so i don't know what's going on. I can compel someone to cry but that doesn't mean they will feel sad. They will just cry.

"I just told him that he needs to hate me..." I tell chubs and he yells. He pulls at his hair and screams out a frustrated scream.

"Oh my god your so stupid!" He yells and walks off.

I shake it off because it already effects me, if I let it get to me more it will get bad. I walk to our little camp site and walk to the truck. I get in it and get out Liams medicines. For some reason they put me in charge of doing it.

I walked over to Liam and Jude and they were talking. Jude was explaining to Liam his powers and why his compass won't work as long as he is holding it. Liam took it from him and saw that it worked and that Jude wasn't lying to him. He smiled and gave him the compass back.

"Liam, come over here you need your medicines your getting worse." I told him. He groaned but came over to me. He stood farther from me than he usually would and waited for me to give it to him.

I first gave him his pills and then I gave him the liquid he had to take. He took it and then walked away with nothing more than a thank you.

I rolled my eyes and put everything thing back up, but not after looking at the medical kit a second too long.

"I'm going to go and try to find us some food guys." I yelled to them and walked off. I was going to try and find a bird of some sort so we could cook and eat. Not gonna taste good but it's something other than water, crackers, and bread.

I walked in the opposite direction that chubs had stormed off in earlier. Along the way I found some berries and after checking them they weren't posing berries so I picked enough for us all the have. I walked farther and farther and I realized I was nearing a pond.

A different pond than the one earlier. I got closer to it and heard a duck. I listened for it and I followed where it was. Once I got close I saw it was just one and it looked to be a male.

"Gotcha." I said. I didn't want to kill it but we needed food. I found a big rock and picked it up "I'm sorry little duck." I said. I threw the rock at it and my aim was good enough. I heard it flailing around and I felt so bad. My heart shattered.

I walked up to it and used fire to kill it for good. "I thought you said you were only gonna use them for good." I heard a voice from behind me and I jumped. I saw it was only chubs. He didn't smile at me like he normally would if he was sorry.

"Do you want to starve?" I asked him and he shook his head no. I nodded and picked up the dead duck. I handed it to him and walked away.

"Wait, I uh...what did you do to Liam? I know you too his memories, but how?" He asked me which left me confused.

"I just altered them and removed myself from them. He doesn't know about east river burning at all tho, Why?" I asked him.

He shook his head and started talking to me.

Chubs POV: one hour ago

I get back after blowing some steam and I realize I need to apologize to Gen. "Liam, where is Genevieve?" I ask.

"I don't know. Walked off earlier opposite of you." He says and I nod. I start to walk that way when Liam stops me.

"Hey, I've been thinking a lot." He says and I furrow my brows. He continues when he sees I'm confused.