Chapter 12

(Chapter song is all I want by kodaline)

CHUBS POV
I've been on the road for who knows how long now. I've lost count and I've been getting really tired. With my skip tracer device I've been putting in far away locations for Liam, Gen, and zu.

I haven't found any luck on Liam so I'm headed to the one place I think he will be at. The meet up location him and his parents had with Cole. It's the only reasonable place he would go. It's safe and he knows it well. If he isn't there I'm screwed.

As I get closer and closer I get more nervous. I still haven't figured out the Genevieve thing and it's killing me. Why would she do that. She loved him and he loved her. What did she do.

Genevieve what did you do?

I pull up to the long street and dump the car. I have to travel on foot from here or I will look suspicious. Gen really must have messed him up. His eyes weren't clear. He seemed like he knew what I was talking about. At least his body language did. He seemed to want to react to it, but his mind was stopping him.

When I get close enough I go into the woods. I look in the woods first. He would be smart enough to set up camp nearby. Not go into the house. He is smart enough to know that after Cole was taken, they would monitor places he has been.

Speaking of, it was a stupid idea for me and him to go back to that stupid house. I shouldn't have gone. I shouldn't have brought up gens name, she would have been with him. I should've known.

With tears on my face I stop and rest. I lean up against a tree and slide down it. I wince when I think for he nightmare lee told me about that Gen had.

I know he shouldn't have shared it with me but he was scared. Said he wanted an 'medical perspective' on it. Pfft like I could help there. I didn't know what to do to help her.

She was having ptsd and I couldn't help her. I don't force her to talk to me.

The dream was of us. We were leaving her. It was her biggest fear and it came true. She said her old vest firmed showed up and that her parents were there.

Liam told me how they beat her and tired her to the tree. She was kicked and punched and called awful things that no kid should ever be called. He also told me that how at the end of it all, they killed her.

They show her once, twice, and I think a third time. I'm not sure. It's been so long and now it makes me wonder if Gen is even ok anymore. I wonder if she has tried what she did at the safe house. She doesn't know it, but I know she meant to do that.

That day was awful. She swore to me up and down that she didn't mean to and that she was choking when she tried to come up for air, but I know better. I could see straight through her lies. But I knew what it was like to not be wanted. To hate life.

I didn't ever bring it up or tell her that I knew, but I was there more. She needed to know she had someone. I wonder if she has tried that again. If she succeeded. Is she even alive anymore?

Accepting the fate that I will never see her again sucks. Liam and her will never be back together. Liam isn't getting his memories back. Not for a while at least. Maybe when this shitty world is ok again. . .maybe.

I hope.

I wonder how Zu is. I wonder if she made it safely to her uncles place. Or if she made it at all. . . I can't do this. I get up and start walking. If I keep up this mentality I won't ever find Liam and I will just drive myself over the edge.

Walking farther and farther into the woods I hear voices. I stop. It sounds like a young boy.

"Why do we have to keep walking? We've been walking non stop for days! What is going on?" He speaks on and on. Stupid boy. He is going to get killed, or if he is just a high pitched voice skip tracer, he will scare off the people he is trying to get.

I keep my face to them and walk backwards slowly. I make my way to the clearing and run towards the house. I get around to the back door and I know I'm safe here. They will see the house is empty and leave. I know I would. Nothing to protect yourself with is a bad place to be.

I start to look into the house. There is some stuff in there but not a lot. I haven't really looked into the house until now. It is almost  empty besides a few things. The upstairs has the most stuff since that's where the kids hide.

"Liam?" I ask. Nothing. "Lee!" I yell. Still nothing. Crap. I don't know how I'm going to get into the upstairs. There is a balcony but I can't get to it. I'm tall, but I need something else to get me up there.

I go to turn around when I see something running out of the woods. It looks like an adult with their build and I panic. I can't run, they will shoot.

I'm about to panic even more until I see and hear who it is. Genevieve Scott. "Chubs!" I hear her sweet voice yell. I'm in too much shock. I put my knife back at my side and she lowers her gun. She hugs me and we topple over.

"Genevieve?" I ask brokenly. She nods against me.

I pinch myself. I must be dreaming. She smacks my back. "This isn't a dream" she says and I laugh.

I panic when I feel a gun to my head. Please tell me she didn't just turn me in or something. "Genevieve? What did you do?" I ask. She pulls away and I can see the shock on her face too.

"Put the gun done vida." I hear her say.

"Why? Who the hell is this?" I hear a female voice say. I slowly put my hands up and turn around. I see a beautiful ren age girl around my age with blue hair. She glares at me till Genevieve steps in front and lowers the gun for her.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Not someone who brings a knife to a gun fight." She said harshly.

"Is this him?" She asks Genevieve and she shakes her head no. Now I'm lost.

"You've got a lot of shit to explain. Especially Liam." I say to her. She puts her head down in shame. I pull her into a hug because I know she needs it.

////////
Ok sorry this chapter is short but hey, it's something, right?

Hope you like it!