Chapter 10

(Listen before I go by Billie Eilish is the chapter song) 
🚨This chapter talks about self harm and suicide so if your sensitive to that please beware!🚨

GENS POV

It's been 2 weeks since me and Cole takes over breakfast about the mission. He is going to fit me into a mission that can get me as close as possible to their meet up spot house.

Cole has a suspicion that he will go there but I'm not so sure. It's been a while since Cole was taken, so he could be long gone by now.

I already came up with a plan to escape the minder, or leader, of me for our mission. The only problem will be getting around whatever other kids they take. They still don't trust me enough so whatever we go on I'll probably keep watch in a car. I won't have to worry about escaping a building.

I'm nervous about if I will ha-

"Hello?" Vida interrupts my thoughts.

"Yes?" I ask her.

"Oh my god. Are you ready? You barely ate your food!"

"Oh right. Uh let me go change and I'll be right to the training room. Tell them something came up!" I yell over my shoulder as I run to my room. I walk in a Cole is still asleep on his lazy butt.

I walk up to him, open up the water bottle on his stand, and I splash him with the water. He sits up and grab my throat. He pushes me against the wall and pulls his arm back.

I scream without even thinking and I reach up to burn him. He lets go slightly and I use some techniques they taught us in training. I twist his arm while still brining him and I push him to the ground.

He doesn't fall of course with him towering over me. He moves slightly and I take this as a chance to go for the back of his knees. I wing my leg and connect it with the back of his kneecap forcing him to the ground.

When he flips over I see an amused smirk on his face. "What the hell cole?" I ask. He just continues to smirk and I can see he is holding in his laughter.

"You knew the whole time...didn't you? That it was me?" He nods slowly and I try to launch myself at him but I'm stopped.

I pair of hands wraps around my small ones and I recognize them. I've only felt them once, but I knew them. "Hey, you said you wouldn't hurt her" Cole says once he sees me squirming.

"She is fine." He says as I feel a pinch in my neck.

"....c-cole?" I ask as I feel myself going faint. "Your gonna be ok." I hear him say as I give into the darkness.

I wake up and I hurt. It's effects of the stupid, stupid sleep shots or whatever it is they inject you with. I try to move but I'm stuck. I think at first maybe it's just the effects but I soon realize I'm tied to something.

I try moving my hands and I realize there is rope and it hurts and it's digging into the back of my hands and rubbing. I realize my feet are tied too but whoever did it, did a really poor job. I have feet room and I know what I'm about to do will hurt but it's worth it.

I don't want to light my hands because whoever is here will figure out I'm a red and will kill me. I can't have that. I quickly search the room for anyone and when I don't see them I make my move. I lift off the ground with my feet and plop back down. The chair breaks allowing me out of it easily.

Someone out of the middle of no where runs up and tries to attack me. I don't let them though. I grab a broken limb of the chair and stab them with it. They fall to the ground quickly and they don't move. I accelerate to the door and bust it open. What I see shocks me though.