Chapter 13

Victoria

        It had been hours since Teddy and I fought, but it only felt like minutes had passed. Gregory had cleaned me up, and Mama and Daddy had cleaned up things around the house for us, but that's only what I could hear from this bathroom. I've been in the bathroom for hours just trying to get myself together, but every time I think about coming out, I hear Theodore's voice and I get set back 10 steps.

        "You still arguing with your husband?" Jordan asked me.

        I leaned the phone against my shoulder as I fixed the bandage on my wrist. "No, I just haven't talked to him."

        "Well, you know I'm free. I ain't got nothing going on, so you can talk to me for as long as you want to about it."

        I sighed. Taking was the last thing I wanted to do right now. All I wanted to do was get out of here and find some place where I could think without getting interrupted by any of my loud family members, especially Theodore and that whore Charlotte. Her ass is still shacked up in my house, her bad ass son too. I don't know why they're still here, but that just furthers my point that Theodore doesn't have my back. I don't know who's back he has, but it's damn sure not his wife's. "I don't even wanna talk right now."

        "You tryna meet up at the hotel then?" Jordan asked.

        "Yeah. I'll be there in a half an hour."

        I ended the call and decided on stepping out of the bathroom. I can't keep myself locked in here all day. As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom, I was hit by the smell of bleach and a clean house. There wasn't anymore glass in the hallway, so I'm sure Mama, Daddy, and Gregory had cleaned it up hours ago. I walked down the quiet hallway and could hear voices off in the distance, but I just made my way upstairs to my bedroom. I didn't need to see anybody and have them question where I was going. I just wanted to put on some clothes, get my keys, and be gone without anyone ever noticing I was gone.

        I just hope Theodore's not upstairs anymore. I hope he left or is downstairs with everyone else. Once I got up to my bedroom door, I could hear the TV playing inside. "Shit," I cursed. Theodore's got to be in here. Hopefully I can get through here without having to hear any of his bullshit. I pushed the door open and saw Theodore sitting on the bed, but T3 was sitting in his lap showing him something.

        As soon as T3 saw me, he jumped out of Theodore's arms and ran into mine. "Mama! Where have you been?" he asked as I picked him up and placed him on my hip.

        I sighed, but put a smile on my face for him because he didn't need to know what was going on while he was at basketball practice earlier. "Oh, I was just in the bathroom downstairs. Mommy's tummy was hurting."

        He frowned. "Do you feel better?"

        I placed a bigger smile on my face. "Yup! Mommy feels a whole lot better, especially now that you're home. How was practice?"

        T3 smiled. "Great. You know I was dunkin' on EVERY nigga at practice."

        I laughed. "What did I tell you about that word baby?? I told you not to say that."

        "Grandpa said it was alright."

        I sighed. Leave it to my Dad to tell him it's alright for him to say that. "It's not good. Don't let me hear you say that word again. You know I don't care about you screaming and crying for me to stop beating your ass. Haven't I done it before?"

        "Yes," he mumbled.

        "Then think about how badly your ass was hurting after you got a whooping every time you think about saying that word or anything else you're not supposed to be saying, alright?"