Chapter 36

Effrin Jr. 

I stormed out of Pops' office and up the steps so I could get out of this damn house. I don't know why he was being so hard on me just because I attacked Deonte and Victoria. if Victoria would have just minded her damn business and stayed out of grown man business, then I wouldn't have put my hands on her. That's her problem, and that's Mama and Pops' problem too. They babied her spoiled ass growing up and let her get away with shit, so now when she's in her forties, she doesn't know when to stay out of shit that doesn't involve her.

And I attacked Deonte instead of Devon because that's Deonte's son. Deonte's been a weak ass father since way before Devon was even born, so it's his fault his son is the way he is. All throughout the time Devon grew up, Deonte was fucking bitches then ducking them the next morning like he was a little ass kid who couldn't control his hormones or the bitches that would randomly show up at his door claiming they were pregnant with his kid. But he didn't make it any better when those women kept coming around, even when he was with his kids, and he would just give them money to get an abortion. Deonte's the reason his son is the way he is.

I'm not even sure if it's true though. I don't even know if Devon is actually sleeping with Christine and got her pregnant. I mean, it could be true because I know just how Christine can be when she's around something she wants. She stops at nothing to get what she wants, even if that means hurting me. I've been with her ass long enough and I've been cheated on by her too many times to let something like this slide with her. I'm really getting tired of her cheating ways.

I ran up the steps skipping two steps at a time until i got to the bedroom I was staying in. I forcefully pushed the door open so I could walk inside. The door slammed up against the mirror behind it and the mirror quickly fell down to the grown and shattered into what looked like a million pieces. I sighed. Just my luck. Seven more years of bad luck and misfortune. How could things possibly get worse in my life?

I grabbed my bag from under my bed and just started throwing my clothes inside of it. I didn't care if they were folded or not, I just wanted to get out of here as fast as I could. I threw my bag over my shoulder and ran out of my room, passing by Mama in the process.

"Effrin? Where are you going? What happened?" she constantly asked as she chased after me, but I just ignored her.

I didn't want to talk to Mama about the problems with her stupid ass, drug dealing ass husband or her dumb ass kids, whom she has no control over. I just continued on down the steps and out of the front door until i got to my car, which was parked near the side of the house next to one of Pops' cars. I pressed the unlock button on the remote key of my car and climbed right inside of my car before tossing my bag to the side.

Mama ran up up to my car and tapped on my window. "C'mon Baby, tell Mama what's going on so I can help you. Tell me what happened Baby."

I sighed and just rolled my window down for her, even though I was really trying to get out of here and save myself the embarrassment. I didn't want to tell Mama about Christine cheating on me again, because the last time Mama found out she cheated on me again, she swore she'd shove her foot so far up Christine's ass that Christine would be coughing up her toe nails. I didn't want to get her involved in this because I know she wouldn't hesitate to hurt Christine for hurting me, yet again.

"What?" I asked. Mama reached out to try touching my face, but I quickly backed up. "Mama don't touch me, please. I've told you before that I'm a grown ass man and I don't want you touching me like I'm some fucking baby anymore. I'm almost forty Mama! Damn."

Mama's greenish eyes grew big and glassy, so I knew I had said something to upset her. She sniffed before bringing the back of her hand up to wipe her watery eyes. "All right, fine, be that way. I just wanted to know wha was going on. I walked into the living room and saw blood all over my new furniture. I just wanted to see if you were all right."