Chapter 8

Lindsey

        I sat up in the small twin-sized bed that sat in the small dorm room John stayed in on UCLA's campus. It was Saturday afternoon and Daddy finally convinced Mama to let me out of the house and allow me to utilize my driver's license. And I wanted to take my car for a spin too. The car I got for my sixteenth birthday has been sitting in the garage tempting me for over a year, and now that I'm finally getting a chance to use it, I feel even better than I've been feeling recently. So, the first place I went was UCLA so I could visit John, who I haven't seen in a few weeks. Phone calls and texts don't mean much if you're really looking to see that person. 

        John and I aren't in a relationship, but we're more or less just fuck buddies. The two of us have been in relationships ever since we first started sleeping together, but that never stopped us from sleeping with each other. Before John went to college last year, we used to go to the same private school. That's how we met and that's when we first started sleeping together. We began sleeping together in the beginning of my sophomore year, which was at the beginning of his senior year. While I wasn't his first, he's definitely been my first and only.

        I watched as John gathered up his clothes that were pulled off in the middle of us just trying to get into his dorm room. Since we haven't seen each other in weeks, things were pretty intense when we first saw each other earlier today. He pulled up his basketball shorts and sat on the edge of his bed in front of me. I wrapped his cover around my naked body before I leaned towards him.

        "You got class today?" I asked, pushing my messy hair out of my face.

        He shook his head. "Nah. The Theta's are throwing a lil' get together tonight and Kendrick and alla them gon' be there. I told them I might slide through though, you coming?"

        Without any type of hesitation, I nodded my head even though I knew Jordan and I were supposed to be going out tonight. I don't know what's been up with Jordan lately. Things were good when we first got together three weeks ago, but then he just started acting differently and I've been around Jordan long enough to know his different phases, but this is something I've never seen before. We haven't even been together long enough for him to be upset with me, so I don't know why he's acting like he can't talk to me. Some days I'll go the entire day without a text or a call from him. The only time we actually communicate is when I initiate the conversation, but even then he's still distant. I just don't have time for his games because they're really beginning to get old.

        "Yeah, I'll come," I replied. "I can't stay out late though."

        He smirked. "Why? You got school?"

     I nudged him. "Last year, you woulda been saying the same thing, but no I don't have school tomorrow. It's Saturday, but you've got classes, not me."

        "Man whatever," he waved me off as he stood up. "I gotta head out for a minute, but I'll be back in like a half an hour. Put some damn clothes on before Kendrick comes back too."

        "I will. Damn," I mumbled once he walked out of his dorm room.

        Once I assumed he was far enough away from his building, I grabbed my phone and called Jordan so I could cancel our date tonight. Turning down John and rushing home, only to go on a date with someone who really doesn't want to be there, is just something I don't want to do and something I don't plan on doing. I'd rather chill with John and his college friends at a party then trying to get Jordan to talk to me for the rest of the night.

        "Yeah?" Jordan answered.

        "What's up?"

        "Nothing, just chillin'. You getting ready for tonight?"