Chapter 34

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT 'THE AMERICAN DREAM' AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Victoria

I rolled out of bed with sleep stuck in my eyes and my hair standing all over my head. I scratched the sleep out of my eyes and walked across my bedroom to the bathroom so I could get cleaned up. Last night was one of the longest nights ever. Andre bought Lindsey home late last night, extremely late. Theodore and I were up calling and texting her most of the night because we were so worried about her.

Andre bought her in around four this morning. She came in with a broken nose last night. Her nose was all bandaged up, since they claimed they had been to the hospital but we didn't question how it happened too much last night because she was bawling her eyes out about how badly her nose was hurting.

So, Theodore slept in her room with her last night to keep her company while I tried to get some sleep in our bedroom. Even after she came in last night and everything got settled down, I still couldn't get myself to fall asleep. Lindsey was just on my mind last night. We sent her out on a date with the preacher's son, and she comes back with a broken nose in the wee hours of the morning crying her eyes out.

After showering and brushing my teeth, I slipped on one of Teddy's t shirts and a pair of his sweatpants before walking inside of the closet where my make up table sat. I sat down in the chair and brushed my hair to the best of my ability before pulling it up into a curly puff ball on the top of my head.

I walked out of my bedroom to Lindsey's room, which was next door. I slowly, but quietly, pushed the door open and found Theodore and Lindsey laying in her bed together. Theodore had his arms wrapped around Lindsey, who looked like she had cried herself to sleep. I walked up to Theodore's side of the bed and got down on my knees so I could wake him up without waking up Lindsey.

I tapped his back. "Teddy...baby. Wake up."

Teddy slowly turned over, rubbing his eyes. "Hmm?"

I helped him turned over. "It's time to get up," I whispered.

Teddy sat up in bed as he looked over at Lindsey, who was still balled up in her bed. Her face was still red and puffy from last night, but Teddy just shook his head and climbed out of the bed. I helped him out of Lindsey's room without waking her up and took him downstairs to the kitchen, where I could smell breakfast cooking.

"How's Lindsey doing?" I asked, still leading a half sleep Teddy to the kitchen, but we took a detour instead and went to the living room. Theodore sat down on the couch and pulled me in between his legs so he was laying up against the arm of the couch while I laid against his chest.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't really know. She cried all last night and we really just got to sleep about an hour ago. I'm just tryna figure out what happened last night."

I nodded my head. "Yeah, me too. Did she tell you anything about what happened to her?"

"Nah. She just cried about how upset she was and how badly her nose was hurting. I just talked to her to try and get her to calm down so she could go to sleep. I was trying not to cry. You don't know how tempted I was to go out and find who ever did that to my baby girl. I was pissed last night Victoria, and I still am."

I sighed. "I know, I am too. I barely slept last night. I just kept thinking about her and how every time she goes out something bad happens to her. First it was coming in late at night drunk and now she's coming home early in the morning with a broken nose."

Teddy sighed as he rubbed my back. "You don't think she's getting bullied, do you?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I have no idea. The way she fought that one little girl back when she was 10, clearly showed Daddy had been teaching her how to fight but I don't know. Things could be different now, so I really don't know for sure. I just really hope she's not getting bullied."