Chapter 27

Lindsey

I decided to take things into my own hands the next day. I wanted to go out and enjoy myself but I couldn't when I knew Mama was going to have to get exposed. I don't know how much I'll be able to do since we're not home, but I plan on getting some answers about what she's been up to and I plan on informing Daddy about what I find too.

While everyone was out, Mama and I both stayed home. I hide off in my closet until everyone left just to make it seem as if I was gone and she was alone at the house for the day, like she's been everyday. But today would be different. Today, I'd be getting the first hand scoop of this secret life she's living with this person she's cheating with.

Once I heard the shower in her room kick on, I quietly stepped out of the closet. I slowly crept towards her room since I knew she liked to let the shower run for awhile before actually getting inside of it. When I got to her bedroom door, I heard her taking on the phone with someone.

"I know, this damn trip is so boring. I wish I could come back home to see you...I could Facetime you tonight if I ever get some privacy...I know I'm on an entire island but Lindsey's nosy ass keeps popping up every time we're on the phone. I think she's on to me...Yes I'm being secretive but she always pops up and has some information on me...I'm not sure if she'll tell him but she's been kissing his ass since she was younger, so she might tell him...I'll beat her ass if she does tell."

I rolled my eyes and just drowned her ignorant ass out. If she ever put her hands on me, I'd call the police on her dusty ass. I'd get her ass locked up for touching a minor.

"Alright, bye...Love you too."

And that was my cue to go into the room. Once I heard the bathroom door inside of the room close, I quietly pushed the door open and darted inside of her dirty room. She had clothes thrown all over the room, but I didn't care about them. All I really cared about was her phone and what was inside of it. And it was sitting on the night stand charging.

I walked over to the night stand and grabbed her phone that was still unlocked since she was just on the phone. I smiled. She was making this way too easy for me. I clicked on her call long so I could see who she last called but it only said 'Mama'. I scrunched up my face. There's no way in hell she was talking to Grandma.

The call was at 12:34 today. I looked down at the time on the phone and saw that it was only a quarter until 1, so she couldn't have been talking to Grandma, especially not the way she was talking trash about me. If Grandma heard her talking about me like that, she's be on the first plane down here and personally kick her ass.

"I'm gon' ride, I'm gon' ride!"

I jumped, causing the phone to fall out of my hands when I heard Mama talking, but she was only singing in the shower. She sounded like she was dying though. I shook my head and grabbed her pone off of the floor before getting a good look at the number she had called. It looked a little familiar but I knew it damn sure wasn't Grandma's.

I pulled the draw of her night stand open and didn't find what I was looking for. I was expecting a pencil or a pen to be in the draw so I could write down this number but I couldn't find one. I'll just have to take her phone instead. I'm sure she'll go crazy looking for this. I stuffed her phone into my pocket before climbing off of her bed.

Aside from her phone, I had other things to look for in here. I knew she was hiding a lot in her phone, but she was probably hiding something else in here, so I began searching through her drawers. I pulled open her top drawer and saw nothing but her dirty ass panties and thongs. Did she only wear Victoria's Secret under garments? Because that's all she had in her drawer. I shifted through her drawer and didn't find anything in that one, so I went on to the next drawer.