chapter thirty one: mary

Thomas was relieved that Y/n was okay, he hadn't slept at all the past two nights either. He just sat, looking at the cameras almost as if he was actually there with Newt.
Teresa came in to check up on him quite frequently, he never really said anything. Just stared at those same screens, he saw that Newt looked really worried. He cared about her, he could tell. He remember how bad he felt, hearing Newts' sobs that night when Y/n was trapped inside the Maze and running for her life. There was nothing Thomas could do, he didn't even know how to get to the Maze nevermind go and help his sister.

Janson was so angry when he found out Thomas had shut down the Grievers temporarily, he argued with Thomas but he didn't seem to care. Thomas had cried all the tears he could, until it was if there were none left. He felt so guilty seeing what had happened to Y/n, he told himself that it was his fault. He had convinced himself that he was the reason Y/n and Newt had gone through so much pain, of course it wasn't. Ava Paige tried to convince him differently, confused at what his thought process was. She was unaware that Thomas had also leaked all of wckd's information, she trusted him. Thomas took this to his advantage. She wouldn't suspect him at all.

Thomas was allowed to go for a daily walk, with a tracker, of course. They couldn't lose their immunes, if they went outside of the five mile radius they would be electrocuted and brought back to the facility. He decided to leave and get some air, he could use some of it. He went for a walk in the woods,he was looking at all of the nature, well all of the nature that was left. Suddenly, he heard a twig snap. He turned around quickly and saw a mysterious figure, "You must be Thomas." He gave the person a slight nod, "I've came to the right place then." The small woman stepped forward, she had a had short brown hair and was wearing a huge jacket, she was covered in dirt and sand. The woman also had a gun on her back, he immediately recognised this as one of the Launchers from wckd. "It's good to meet you Thomas," she said kindly, offering a hand. "I'm Mary, I come from The Right Arm."

Thomas was shocked, "Oh, wow uh hi." he said still stunned. "Is the sister here? Where's the girl?" Thomas looked up at Mary and another tear formed in his eye, he was suprised there was any left. "She was sent into the maze about a year ago, they found out what we were doing and she sacrificed herself for me." Mary looked at the ground, "I'm sorry Thomas. But she was doing the right thing, helping us defeat wckd. And that's where I'm going to need your help." "Mine?" Thomas said quietly. Mary then explained to him their plan, they wanted him to send the files about the Maze to them. They said they could find out where it was located, and they could save them all. Although, what she didn't know, is that Thomas didn't have access to these files. "Mary, Mary stop. I'm sorry but I physically cannot do that. I'm only in charge of cameras which will not let me in to any of the High Class Files at wckd.." Mary's face dropped. Shee just sighed and spoke through a walkie, "Mission failed, coming back to base." Thomas could hear a man's voice through the walkie as Mary turned and walked away. Thomas presumed this was Vince, "Mary, I really am.. sorry." She just kept on walking and Thomas never met her again.