𝓙𝓸𝓼𝓱𝓾𝓪

Joshua splashed water on his face and wiped it dry. Making his way to the door, he bent down to tie up his loosened shoelace. He remembered the time when his mother taught him how to tie his shoelace, saying that to be successful, you must make sure to not trip over his own feet. That was before he had come out gay to them. He did not think they would be mad as he had a lesbian cousin, but to his surprise, his parents blew up. They had shouted at him and hit him.

He would cry in bed at night, wishing he had never come out in the first place. If only he could turn back time, then maybe they would still be a loving family, his parents would still love him. He really hated it, how people would laugh at the scars and bruises he got from his parents, how they would mock him, thinking he lost a fight. If only they knew. If only they knew what went on inside the closed door of his house.

So, he ran, he ran away from all his problems. Saving enough money to buy a plane ticket, he took a plane to Korea. He was all alone in this foreign country, and he kind of liked it. He liked the feeling of being able to do what he wants, without being judge by his parents. He got a job at a small café and barely got by with the salary he earned.

Joshua smiled a bit, thinking about how far he had come. Standing up properly, he left his house, feeling better than ever. 

~...~

Stay Positive 💜

Author 💎