𝕮Ⴙ@ᎮꝈé𝛤 37

Soonyoung entered the apartment slowly, trying to make the least amount of noise possible. It was 12 am and Soonyoung had just finished his night shift at a factory. Placing the house keys on the table, he tiptoed towards his room, closing the door behind him. After he and Jihoon had gotten into a fight, Soonyoung moved into the empty room next to Jihoon's. He needed some personal space, that's what Soonyoung told Jihoon. But it was different, he couldn't sleep as well as he used to anymore.

His relationship with Jihoon wasn't getting any better. Since that day, Soonyoung has been trying his hardest to avoid Jihoon, not wanting to talk about anything. Either than the occasional greetings, they didn't have any interactions at all. Soonyoung hated it, but he needed to do this.

He wanted all of this to end. He wanted to go back to when they weren't scared to tell each other dick jokes, the nights when Soonyoung would crawl into Jihoon's bed to sleep. Soonyoung hated how they were now, but he was scared to open up to Jihoon, he didn't want to get hurt.

Jihoon hated it too. Jihoon missed Soonyoung, but he wouldn't admit it. He missed the boy who wasn't afraid to voice out his opinions, not mattering if he was going to get in trouble. He missed the boy who would do weird things just to make him smile. He missed the boy who would make him delicious food every day. He missed the boy who would make his heart flutter with just single eye contact.

Jihoon missed the boy he fell in love with a long time ago.

Jihoon stood in front of the microwave, staring at the plate that was revolving inside. It was dark in the kitchen as Jihoon hadn't and didn't bother to turn on the lights. Footsteps behind him cause Jihoon to turn around.

The lights switched on. Soonyoung was standing at the doorway with a towel around his neck. The two were equally startled, not expecting the other to be in the kitchen at 12 in the morning.

"Just got back from work?" Jihoon asked, trying to break the silence. Soonyoung nodded before walking over to the other side of the kitchen, grabbing a cup of water. The microwave made a sound, indicating the meal was ready. Jihoon carefully pull the plate out and placed it on the table.

It was too quiet for Jihoon's liking, especially since there was Soonyoung around. Soonyoung wasn't saying anything. He had gulped down the water hurriedly and was now looking through the fridge. When Soonyoung noticed the food Jihoon was eating, however, he furrowed his eyebrows.

"You shouldn't eat so much microwaved food, it's not good for your health." Jihoon looked up from his plate to gaze at Soonyoung, his mouth still full. "Well, I don't really know how to cook now, do I," Jihoon said after swallowing his food. "Then maybe it's about time you learned!" Soonyoung snapped at him, slamming the fridge shut.

Soonyoung wasn't mad at all, he was just a bit annoyed at how Jihoon paid no attention to his well-being. He was worried for Jihoon's health, not that he would ever say that out loud, of course. "I'm perfectly fine eating microwaved food. It's not like I'm forcing you to eat with me or anything." Jihoon replied. Soonyoung glared at Jihoon.

Stomping out of the kitchen, Soonyoung slammed the bedroom's door behind him. Tears were starting to collect in his eyes, making his vision blurred. He didn't know why he was so emotional, it was just microwaved food. With his back against the door, Soonyoung slid down into a sitting position.

Soonyoung hated how they were like right now. But he knew he was falling for the boy. Soonyoung was scared to love again, he was so scared that he would give his everything, only to be shattered and hurt in the end. He experienced it once, he didn't want to go through the pain again.

Jihoon heard the soft sniffles coming from the room. His heart ached for Soonyoung. Jihoon wanted to knock on the door, he wanted to be next to Soonyoung, tell him it's okay, that he was there for him. But something stopped him. Somewhere in his head told him to just keep walking towards his own room and ignore the sounds, so he did.

Jihoon missed the old Soonyoung, the happy and lively boy who could brighten up anyone's day. Jihoon missed the boy he fell in love with a long time ago.

~...~

Seokmin looked around the field, his luggage in his hand. "Seokmin, over here!" He smiled when he noticed Samuel waving at him from afar and made his way over to the younger boy. "Hey, where's Chan and Seungkwan?" Seokmin asked when he reached Samuel. Samuel quickly informed the older that they went to the teacher's office for some bandages because Chan got a cut.

"Aren't you excited? I've never been away from home this long before." Samuel told Seokmin excitedly, his eyes sparkling. "Who do you think we'll be roomed with? I hope I'm roomed with someone nice." Samuel continued rambling on. Seokmin was only half listening as he stared at Samuel, his mind somewhere else. 

"Seokmin, are you listening?"

Seokmin blinked a few times and nodded quickly.

"As I was saying-"

"Samuel! I'm back." Samuel immediately stopped talking halfway and turned his head to see Chan and Seungkwan walking towards them. "What happened to you?" Seokmin asked when he saw Chan's bandaged fingers. "I don't want to talk about it," Chan replied, picking up his backpack.

"He cut himself with a ball," Seungkwan explained as if it was perfectly normal.

"A-A ball?" Seokmin asked, trying to clarify what he heard. Seungkwan nodded his head. Seokmin fell silent, trying to picture being cut by a ball. Just then, an announcement was made for all students to get in line as they were going to leave soon. Saying goodbye, they separated, Seokmin going one way and the other three going another way.

15 minutes later, Seungkwan, Chan and Samuel were sitting in a bus next to each other, heading towards the destination. Samuel had fallen asleep on Chan's shoulder, which was causing the older to blush profusely. Seungkwan was too busy texting Seokmin to bother about Chan, who continued to scroll through his phone to past time.

None of them noticed a camera shatter from outside the bus, but someone else did.      

~...~

Who saw the camera shatter? :)

Just because you're trash, doesn't mean you're useless. It's called a garbage can, not a garbage cannot. 💜

This is directed  to me ;-; 

Author💎