𝕮Ⴙ@ᎮꝈé𝛤 18

Jeonghan walked along the hallway, mindlessly bumping into people. He was dressed differently from the usually bright and colourful outfits; he was wearing a dull greyish hoodie and jeans. His eyes were swollen from crying and he hadn't eaten anything since the police left his house yesterday. He slowly walked up to his locker and unlocked it, skimming through his fully packed schedule taped on the inside of his locker.

"Hey," Minghao said as he walked up towards his best friend. "How are you?" he asked, pulling Jeonghan into a small side hug. "I'm fine. Hey, have you done the Maths homework yet?" Jeonghan answered simply, trying to steer the conversation away from the topic they were heading towards. "Yeh, let me just find it." Picking up the hint fast, Minghao immediately started looking through his bag for his Maths homework. Just then, Soonyoung came over. "Hey, how have you been. You know? Since your mother suddenly, you know." Soonyoung drew his hand over his throat, to show what he meant. Minghao tried to give Hoshi the signal to shut up but Hoshi wasn't as fast as picking up clues as Minghao. Soonyoung wasn't being rude, but sometimes he just didn't process the things he said properly.

Jeonghan broke again, for the nth time in the past two days. Tears started forming from his eyes as he slammed his locker shut, attracting attention from nearby students. Mumbling a soft excuse, which went unheard by the two other boys, Jeonghan ran towards the bathroom, knocking into Jun and Joshua on the way.

"Hey. How is he?" Jun asked as he kissed Minghao on the forehead, the nose and finally the lips. "He was doing fine," Minghao replied, sending a glare towards Soonyoung. "I'm sorry," Soonyoung said, puffing out his cheeks. "What happened?" Joshua asked, trying to understand what the three of them were discussing. "I don't think it's right for us to tell you," Jun said. "If Jeonghan wants, he'll tell you." Joshua sighed a bit, feeling super curious about what was going on. "If you say so?" Joshua said. He excused himself, as Minghao and Jun started flirting right in front of both him and Soonyoung. Still lost in his own mind, He made his way to the bathroom to wash his hands when he heard soft sniffling from the bathroom stall furthest from the main door.

"Hello? Are you okay?" Joshua asked, knocking on the stall's door. "Go away Joshua." a small voice was heard from inside. "Jeonghan?" Joshua called out. He was about to try and persuade Jeonghan to come out when his phone started ringing.

"Oh, hey Seokmin," Joshua answered the phone. "Yeh, I'm quite busy now," Joshua said as he knocked on the door again. "Yeh, I'll call you back? Okay bye." Joshua ended the call quickly and called out to Jeonghan again.

"Go away! Go and continue talking to Seokmin." Jeonghan shouted, causing Joshua to flinch slightly. Jeonghan didn't want Joshua to leave, he was jealous of Seokmin and he couldn't bear it. Jeonghan cried louder when he heard the main door open and close. He didn't bother going to class, and only left the stall when he heard students talking about calling the teacher because of the "last bathroom stall's broken door". He walked down the empty hallway as it was now recess. Suddenly, he heard a weird sound. He strained his ears, trying to hear clearly.

JΣӨПGΉΛП, the weird sound continued.

[ The mirror?] Jeonghan thought. He walked around the hallway, trying to find where the sound was coming from.

YӨӨП JΣӨПGΉΛП

His head turned to the direction of the stairs that led to the balcony. He slowly walked up the stairs and opened the steel door separating the stairs and the balcony. "Hello?" Jeonghan called out as he closed the door.

YӨЦ DΣƧΣЯVΣ ƬӨ DIΣ

[ I deserve to what? Why?] Jeonghan thought. He looked around, trying to figure out who was talking. Suddenly, a clicking sound was heard from behind him. "No, no, no..." Jeonghan cursed as he tried to open the door.

"Yoon Jeonghan" Jeonghan heard someone call him from behind. A person was standing there with a hoodie on, covering his face. "I guess I'll bring you back." The person continued, slowly advancing towards Jeonghan with a white rose in his hand. "Get away from me," Jeonghan said, crouching at the door, still holding on to the handle. The person bent down and adjusted the mask that covered his face. "Such a pretty little one, I can't wait to play with you." He complimented as he ran his hand down Jeonghan's face. Leaning down, he licked Jeonghan's earlobe. "Don't worry, pretty boys get special treatment," he whispered before standing up. Using a bat, the mysterious man knocked Jeonghan out and tied him up. Tucking the rose behind Jeonghan's ear, he disappeared with Jeonghan.

Click. And the door opened itself.

~...~

It's Seventeen day so here is a chapter. love ya'll

Doing your best is great, but it's okay to take a break when you feel overwhelmed.
- Hannie 💜

Author 💎