𝕮Ⴙ@ᎮꝈé𝛤 14

"Lee Chan, get up here immediately. Why isn't your tuition homework done? And why do you have so many videos of dancing opened on your laptop?" Chan bolted upright from his laying down position on the couch and started mentally panicking. He and his parents had gotten back on good terms after Chan's tuition teacher had called his parents to praise Chan about how he had gotten 100% on his recent test. His parents were so proud of him as he had never gotten anything close to 80% on any of his exams in his whole life. His mother had cooked a big meal and they all sat down happily. For once, Chan didn't have to worry about getting straight A's or being perfect. But that 3 hours were long gone and it was 10 o'clock now. He had forgotten to do his homework in the morning as he was looking for new dances to learn with Samuel. Now physically panicking, he hurriedly rushed upstairs.

"Lee Chan, I told you, you were banned from dancing. How many times do you want to disappoint us before you finally realize that dancing is useless?

"His mother shouted at him. Chan felt tears start to form as his mother shouted at him for another 10 minutes. "I wish I never had a son like you!" his mother shouted.

He couldn't take it anymore, he quickly ran out, ignoring his mother's shouting. As he got to the stairs, his father called him which caused Chan to turn around. His father never got mad at him as long as he studied hard so Chan was glad to hear his voice. Tears flowed like a river as he turned around. "Why are you crying?" Chan's dad asked, suddenly sounding angry. "I just..." Chan said between sniffles. "My son doesn't cry. Only girls cry, do you understand. You are not allowed to cry, whatever it is, you face it LIKE A MAN!" His dad shouted as he advanced to Chan and pushed him slightly. But that slight push was enough to cause Chan to lose his balance and fall down the stairs. He held out his hand, trying to hold on to something, but his dad only smirked as he watched his son helplessly grab thin air as he tumbled down the stairs. Hitting his head and fainting, tears staining his cheeks.

Chan woke up at his house's doorstep, curled up in a ball. He slowly got up and felt pain shoot through his back and head as he held onto the wall for support. He felt something wet on his head and looked at his hand to see blood. Chan stood up slowly and made his way down the driveway, limping slightly. He walked down the street, wobbling from side to side as his vision was blurry. He walked on for a little while longer until he was in front across the street from a small clinic. With his vision being blurry, head spinning and in so much pain, Chan walked across the road without checking. As he was in the middle, something bright caught his eyes. He looked to his left to see a giant truck advancing towards him, not slowing down. He smiled for a bit, maybe this would all end in a few seconds. Maybe he wouldn't have to go back to that home, to his parents. Maybe he would be able to dance all he wants after this. The truck horned loudly and Chan closed his eyes. Just then, he felt something pull him back and the truck passed him, almost rolling over his legs.

~...~

" Vernon!" Jihoon shouted as Vernon hugged him tightly. The two were in Jihoon's apartment supposedly doing homework until Vernon thought it would be a great idea to watch a horror movie. Now, the younger boy had shoved his face into Jihoon's chest, too scared to look at the screen. "Hyung, let's watch something else please?" Vernon asked, his voice coming out muffled but Jihoon still heard him. Jihoon sighed before he switched off the television. Hearing the TV switch off, Vernon peeked out before finally letting go of Jihoon, clearing his throat as he sat up properly.

"Come on, let's fish off our homework," Jihoon suggested and the two moved down to the coffee table in front of them. As Jihoon was calculating a very complicated maths question, Vernon suddenly piped up. "Jihoon?" Jihoon hummed quietly to show he was listening as he wrote down his final answer on a piece of paper. "Do you know what it feels like to be in love?" Vernon continued his question.

Jihoon looked at Vernon and cocked his head to the side. "Not really. Why?" Jihoon asked. Vernon hesitated for a while before saying, "I think I like Seungkwan." Jihoon's two eyebrows raised slightly before he scrunched his face up. "Boo Seungkwan?" Vernon nodded his head. "And why do you think so?" Jihoon asked. "Well, I always get flustered when I'm around him. My heart suddenly beats so fast and my palms start getting sweaty," Vernon answered, staring dreamily, he continued. "He has such a wonderful voice; he looks so cute all the time..."

"He has that annoyingly loud voice and dramatic actions." Jihoon finished off Vernon's sentence, causing the American boy to hit him lightly. "Jihoon!" Jihoon chuckled slightly. "Well if you like him so much, why not ask him out on a date?" Jihoon suggested. Vernon's eyes shone brightly, "That's a great idea! I'll ask him the next time I see him." Vernon ruffled Jihoon's hair a little bit, "Thanks so much Hyung."

"YAH, Vernon, don't do that!" Jihoon whined as he fixed his hair. Just then, Vernon's phone started vibrating. "Oh, it's Seungkwan." He said as he picked up the phone excitedly.

-----------------------------------------------
Seungkwan 💗
-----------------------------------------------

Vernon
Can you come immediately to the hospital
across from the shopping mall?

Why?
Is something wrong?

Chan is in the hospital
Come quick
[ Last seen at 3.17 pm]

-----------------------------------------------

"Jihoon, we need to go to the hospital, now!" Vernon said, standing up. "Why?" Jihoon asked, looking up from his workbook. "Chan got admitted to the hospital." 

~...~

You guys must be sick of my irregular publishing schedule. I'll try to publish every Monday. 

Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negativity. 💜

Author 💎