𝕮Ⴙ@ᎮꝈé𝛤 36

Jun felt tears fill his eyes as he watched the man hit Minghao without mercy. He wanted to reach out and stop him, but he couldn't. He could only watch as Minghao cried out for help. Jun gripped the bars tightly as he watched the gruesome scene, quietly calling out for Minghao. The sound of the whip hitting Minghao's bare skin filled the room, Jun's heart aching for his lover.

After what seemed like forever, Minghao was thrown back into the cage, the man done with his "punishment". Jun crawled over and helped his boyfriend up. "What a day." The man sighed loudly, taking off his cap and running his hand through his pink hair. Jun could have sworn he had seen that hair somewhere. "I'll be back tomorrow boys, don't make fun of the new guy." And the man left, turning off the lights.

"J-Jun, it hurts." Minghao cried out, hugging his boyfriend tightly. Jun's focus was back on Minghao. Pulling Minghao onto his lap, Jun took the small ointment he found underneath some cardboard and rubbed it on the bleeding wounds. It didn't really help the pain, but at least it would stop infection.

Minghao had his face buried in Jun's neck, squealing in pain the whole time, his tears never stopping. "Hey, don't cry. It's going to be okay." Jun said, trying to comfort the small Chinese boy.

Jun tried to rock Minghao to sleep, his eyes locked on the new prisoner that was brought in the day before. He was hiding in the corner, his face in his hands. He felt bad for the boy, he was probably quite young. Jun couldn't make out his face.

"I want to go home."

Minghao mumbled before finally falling asleep, leaving the dreadful place and hopping onto the train to dreamland. Jun kissed Minghao on the lips, thinking the same thing.

~...~

Seungkwan walked down the dark hallway, like every normal Thursday. Noticing two familiar people, he ran up to them stealthily.

"BOO!" Seungkwan tapped their shoulders, but only one flinched.

"SEUNGKWAN!" Samuel whined when he realized who it was. "Yes, that is me. Boo Seungkwan." Chan laughed loudly at Seungkwan's reply. "I thought you were a ghost." Samuel slapped Seungkwan hard on the arm, causing the older to wince at the pain.

"Why would a ghost say boo?" Chan asked himself, not bothering to catch the other two who were running down the hallway. Cahn entered the practice room after a while, closing the door behind him. It seemed like he was the last one to arrive. Everyone was sitting in a circle, while Mr Park sat in the corner scrolling through his phone.

"Ah, Chan you're here. Please do some warmups first." Chan nodded to the teacher and made his way towards the small circle. "Chan, you're here." Jeonghan smiled at him, patting an empty spot next to him. They continued talking for a while before Mr Park started class, this time there were 5 absentees.

~...~

"That's all for today, everybody please practice at home, and I'll see you next week." Mr Park announced as Samuel entered the room. Running up to Chan, Samuel giggled a bit when he noticed Chan fighting with Seungkwan, again. Samuel pulled Chan's sleeve, catching his attention. "Mum said she'll come and pick us up later after my shift is over." Chan nodded, showing he heard.

Living with Samuel wasn't as bad, in fact, it was very comfortable. Samuel's parents treated him like an actual son, much unlike his own parents, who had disowned him. Chan was grateful for everything, a place to stay, food to eat, two loving adults who took care of him, but he felt like he was a burden to Samuel's family. He wasn't chipping in for the house rent, nor for the utility bills or the food. He was living completely free, and Chan felt bad.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Chan looked over at Samuel, who was staring at him with big eyes. "I'm going to get a job. You know, to help with the house rent and stuff," Chan replied. Samuel blinked a few times at the reply, just smiling at Chan. He was about to say something but got cut off by Seungkwan.  

"Guys, I need to tell you something," Seungkwan called out the scattered group. Everyone's focus was now on him. Seungkwan took in a deep breath. "Vernon's missing." 

Chaos erupted. Suddenly, everyone was rushing at Seungkwan, asking what seemed like a hundred questions a minute.

"Guys! Guys! Guys! I think I know where he is." All 7 of them went silent almost immediately. "Vernon has..." Seungkwan rummaged through his bag and pulled something out and showed it to the others.

"Vernon has been sucked into a book."

Silence.

And then laughter erupted within the small group. Seungkwan pouted at their reaction, it seemed like a logical explanation to him. "Seungkwan-nie, you can't be sucked into a book," Jeonghan said, pushing the book towards Seungkwan. "What other reasons do we have?" Seungkwan asks, confused.

That caused the room to go silent once again, everyone understanding what happened to Vernon. "He must've been kidnapped like the others; we better tell the police." Joshua piped up, reading everyone's mind.

"Do you think it has something to do with all of us? I mean, all of this can't be a coincidence." Jihoon asked, most of them shrugged, no one having the actual answer to that question. Soon, the group broke up again, Seokmin and Seungcheol leaving for home followed by Jihoon and finally, Seungkwan himself.

Seungkwan stopped in his tracks, furrowed his eyebrows as he eyed the book in his hands. It was the book on the floor where Vernon stood in the library before he went missing. Opening the book, a piece of paper fell out. Curious, Seungkwan picked it up.

"34?" That was the only thing written on the piece of paper. What did it mean? Seungkwan was curious. He remembered that the dance studio had a room with the number 34 on it, did it have something to do with this?

"Hey Seungkwan, what are still doing here?" Seungkwan looked up to see a familiar face. "Yeonjun!" Seungkwan bounced up happily, wrapping the boy into a tight hug. "I was wondering, have you been to the room at the end of the hall?" Seungkwan asked, Yeonjun thought for a while, running his hand through his pink hair.

"Oh ya, I came out of that room after escaping," Yeonjun said, swinging his bag over his backpack. Seungkwan just looked at him, nodding his head slowly. "Well, I got to go, bye!" Seungkwan waved at Yeonjun who ran down the steps.

Seungkwan peered at the room at the end of the hall, should he go? Nah, who knows what's in there. Humming to himself, he skipped down the stairs to catch a bus back home. What was in that room, it wasn't for Seungkwan to find out. But that didn't stop Seungkwan from making up different types of scenarios in his head, ranging from superheroes to Hogwarts.

"It would be funny if there really was a serial killer in there," Seungkwan said to himself. "Imagine if it was someone we know, like Lisa or maybe even Yeonjun. That would be a laugh." Seungkwan climbed onto the bus, chuckling to himself.

~...~

Hehe, who do you think the kidnapper is? 

Even if the results don't come out as expected, don't ever hate yourself
- For you, Stray Kids 💜

Author💎