𝕮Ⴙ@ᎮꝈé𝛤 31

"They're what?!" Soonyoung asked again, everyone else in the room keeping quiet. Joshua sighed before repeating what he had just said. "Jun and Minghao are missing. We've reported it to the police yesterday so don't worry too much." Jeonghan pursed his lips together. Now that Joshua said it out loud, telling them the next day did not sound good.

"And you decided to tell us now? You decided to wait for so god damn long to tell us?" Soonyoung shouted again, causing Joshua to flinch. Jihoon bit his lips, standing up as he tried to calm Soonyoung down. "Soonyoung, stop with the attitude right now," Jeonghan said sternly. Seungcheol was not here, so Jeonghan decided he was going to have to be the Hyung now.

"You didn't even address it in the group! Do you know how worried I was when Minghao didn't answer my calls?" ignoring Jeonghan, Soonyoung continued shouting. Jeonghan gritted his teeth as he tried to control his temper but did not go unnoticed by Joshua.

"Soonyoung, sit down now. Don't talk to me like that, I'm your Hyung." Jeonghan said, Jihoon still trying to pull Soonyoung back. "You just decided to go to bed peacefully while I continuously asked in the group chat about them. You didn't even bother to care." Soonyoung pushed further, Jeonghan finally snapping.

"What makes you think I went to bed peacefully. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry." Jeonghan shouted back, Soonyoung's eyes widened. Jeonghan was never the type to shout back, he was one of the less strict Hyung. Hearing Jeonghan shout, he knew he crossed the line.

"I was worried that you would feel unsafe. Four of us have gone missing, I didn't want you to get anxious or scared. By the way, do you even know what it's like to lose someone? No, you don't know how it feels like when someone you love with all your heart, the only person that understands you, just vanishes completely. Because all you care about is yourself and that's it." Jeonghan spat out before he ran out of the room, slamming the door on the way.

Seokmin stood up quietly, ushering the younger ones into Jihoon's bedroom, leaving Joshua, Soonyoung and Jihoon alone in the living room. Silence filled the room.

"Soonyoung, you shouldn't have said those stuff. Jeonghan is having a rough time right now." Joshua spoke up after a while, watching Soonyoung as he sat down on the couch. "Well, it doesn't seem like it." Soonyoung snapped back, causing Joshua to clench his fist behind his back to stop himself from shouting too.

"Jeonghan hasn't gotten over his mother's death yet, he still cries himself to sleep every night, Soonyoung. He just doesn't show it. He really does care about all of you, I hope you notice that." Joshua whispered softly before leaving the apartment to go chase after Jeonghan, slamming the door behind him too.

Jihoon awkwardly sat down on the couch as Soonyoung pulled at his hair roughly, tears threatening to fall. "I'm a bad person, aren't I?" Soonyoung asked, covering his face with his hands. Jihoon did not know how to answer. So he let Soonyoung rest his head on his shoulder, letting Soonyoung cry.

~...~

"Keep your voice down, okay?" Seokmin told the other four 1 hour later as he slowly opened the door. Peeking out, he saw Soonyoung lying on the couch, his head on Jihoon's lap sleeping peacefully. Gesturing to the other four, Seokmin tiptoed out of the room and down the hallway. Jihoon, who was listening to music noticed them and smiled a tired smile. Seokmin smiled back, trying to reassure Jihoon. And with that, he, Vernon, Seungkwan, Chan and Samuel left the house.

"You guys should go home. I'm going to check on Jeonghan." Seokmin said once they reached outside. The four boys could only say goodbye as Seokmin left almost immediately, not waiting for an answer. "Well, me and Samuel were planning to go get ice cream, you want to come?" Chan asked the other two. Seungkwan's eyes lit up in excitement and was about to agree but go cut off by Vernon. "No, it's okay. We have something plan too." Vernon said before the two groups bid goodbye, going their separate ways.

"But Vernon, I want ice cream," Seungkwan whined, pulling on Vernon's sleeve. "If I buy you ice cream, will you accompany me to a place?" Vernon asked, raising his eyebrows and looked at Seungkwan. "Deal!" Seungkwan happily jumped up and down as they walked to the ice cream shop.

~...~

"Seriously, the library?" Seungkwan asked as they climbed the steps. "Yeah, I want to research something," Vernon replied, pushing the door open and letting Seungkwan enter. He strolled up towards the counter and got the attention of a worker.

"May I know if there are any books about our town's history?" Vernon asked as Seungkwan looked around the library, already bored. "Aisle 15, the last few racks." The lady answered, not even looking up. Vernon thanked the lady before pulling Seungkwan along to look for the aisle. "Here it is!" Vernon exclaimed, running his hand along the books. With Seungkwan's help, they pick out a bunch of books and brought them to a nearby table.

"What are you looking for?" Seungkwan asked, feeling a bit curious. Vernon who s looking through the stack of books looked over at Seungkwan. "Well, if you think about it, everyone who has gone missing recently are from the same dance studio. That Yeonjun guy, Mingyu, Wonwoo. Do you get my drift? I was thinking if these disappearances have anything to do with the studio, after all, it's been there for like 100 of years, maybe it's got some secrets."

Seungkwan stared at Vernon, he never noticed Vernon was so smart, or maybe he was just overthinking. 'Give me a book, I'll help." Even though he had doubts, Seungkwan still wanted to help Vernon, who knows? Vernon might just be right.

~...~

It had been almost three hours, and Vernon and Seungkwan had not found anything related to the disappearing people.

On the other hand, Soonyoung had finally woken up and was currently helping Jihoon to change his bandage. The other night, when Jihoon was thrown down the stairs, he was lucky enough to suffer from minimal injuries. Soonyoung had come back with an umbrella and found him on the floor passed out. Very worried, Soonyoung had called a cab to the nearby hospital to get Jihoon check. Fortunately, either than the huge cut he got on his thigh; he was okay.

"Ouch, Soonyoung not so hard!" Jihoon said when Soonyoung used a bit too much energy. "I'm sorry." Soonyoung quickly apologised, finishing up, he threw the used bandage away and washed his hands. "Thank you," Jihoon said and stood up and made his way to the fridge.

"Do you want to eat something?" Soonyoung asked, coming up behind Jihoon. "Yeah," Jihoon replied simply, his eyes still scanning the fridge. "My mum taught me how to make pizza. We have all the ingredients, want me to make it?" Soonyoung suggested. Jihoon nodded his head eagerly, he had always wanted to make pizza from scratch.

"Nice, I'll get the ingredients."

~...~

Just like the narration from our song 'Smile Flower', we'll always stay together even in difficult times. - Jun, Seventeen 💜

Author 💎