𝕮Ⴙ@ᎮꝈé𝛤 23

Mingyu was a wreck. He was currently sitting in a corner of his room, tear stains on his cheeks and eyes red from crying. His phone, which had been thrown carelessly onto his bed, was vibrating, alerting Mingyu that there were new messages but Mingyu didn't make an effort to reach for the phone. He just stared at it, hugging his knees. It had been three days since Wonwoo got taken, and Mingyu was not okay. The sentence Wonwoo said repeated in his head. [ Why did I fall for yours, the one that didn't beat for me?]

That day, Mingyu was planning to confess to Wonwoo. He had asked the older to meet him at the school gates, planning to bring Wonwoo to the secret garden and confess to him there. But things didn't go as planned, and before you knew it, the two were walking down a dark alley looking for a missing Jeonghan. Mingyu had thought of bringing up the confession once or twice, but he wanted his confession to be special to Wonwoo, so he kept quiet. If only he had confessed to Wonwoo then and there before they found Jeonghan. Then Wonwoo wouldn't have surrendered himself to the bad guy.

Ring Ring.

Mingyu's thoughts were interrupted by his phone. He slowly got up to see who was calling. Never in his life would he have thought to have seen Wonwoo's name lighting up on the screen. Mingyu picked up the phone only to drop it on the floor, twice. Finally, he answered the phone. 

"Wonwoo!" Mingyu said happily. "Gyu, help me, please. I'm at the train station opposite the school." Wonwoo whispered, Mingyu barely catching what he said. Mingyu was confused, but all he could think of was seeing Wonwoo again. "I'll be there in 5." He said into the phone, grabbing his house keys, he dashed out of the house before hopping onto his bike and pedalling off.

Mingyu let out deep breaths as he jumped off his bike and rushed up the stairs towards the train station. He was getting weird looks from the people around him but couldn't care less, right now, Wonwoo was the only thing on his mind. Sprinting the last few steps of the stairs, he saw Wonwoo standing in a small corner, looking so vulnerable, headphones on again, playing with his fingers. Mingyu smiled slightly, he was okay. Just as he made a move to go up to Wonwoo, his phone started vibrating in his pocket. Mingyu took it out of his back pocket. [ Samuel?]

Ignoring the call, Mingyu slipped his phone back in his pocket, he looked over at the corner to see Wonwoo no longer there. Mingyu was panicking. [ Where is he?] That was all that repeated inside his head, over and over again. He looked all over the station, and found a lot of things, like money, a half-eaten burger, a lost child, but no Wonwoo.

~...~

Tears were threatening to fall from Mingyu's eyes as he walked out of the 3rd convenience store he had entered in an hour. "Nope. Never seen him. But I'll look out for him just in case." the store owner had said to Mingyu when he asked about Wonwoo. Mingyu ran his hand through his hair in frustration and rubbed the tears out of his eyes. Taking out his phone, he tried calling Wonwoo again. Out of nowhere, a ringing was heard from a dark alley next to the shop.

"Wonwoo?" Mingyu called out, hesitating for a second before making his way into the darkness, using his phone's flashlight to see. Whimpering was heard from in front, causing him to stop in his track. Slowly, he shined the light, there sat Wonwoo, mouth taped with duct tape. His hands were tied above him and he had his headphones on. Mingyu rushed up to him and undid the notes.

"Gyu!" Wonwoo cried when the tape was removed from his mouth. He flung himself at Mingyu, hugging him tightly. Mingyu hugged him back, tears finally falling. Mingyu cried as he hugged Wonwoo tightly. "You're alright," he said as Wonwoo's hands move up to hang around Mingyu's neck. Mingyu pulled back to look at Wonwoo, only to see a random dude, who was not Wonwoo, sitting on his lap.