𝕮Ⴙ@ᎮꝈé𝛤 27

Chan placed the last of his shirts in the bag before zipping it up. He can finally go home. Both him and Jeonghan were discharged a day earlier than plan because they were both super healthy now and the doctors did not see why they could not leave earlier. Right now, Samuel was helping him to clean up his ward while Joshua was helping Jeonghan. Since it was the holidays, Chan and Samuel had decided they would drop of Samuel's bags at his house then go out and have some fun.

"Chan, are you done? We should go." Samuel tapped Chan's shoulder causing the older flinch a bit. "Oh ya, let's go." Chan quickly replied as he hoisted his bag over his shoulder. The two left the ward together and headed towards Jeonghan's ward. Peeking inside, they saw Joshua shoving a bunch of Jeonghan's clothes in a bag while Jeonghan lay on the couch. "Chan, Samuel. Are you guys leaving already?" Jeonghan asked, getting up. 'Yeah, we thought we'd stop by first." Chan answered, placing his bags on the floor. "We'll be leaving soon too. I just need to pack up the rest of Jeonghan's clothes." Joshua said, aggressively placing another two more shirts into the bag. "It would be a much easier task if you would let me help you." Jeonghan sighed only for Joshua to raise up his hand to signal Jeonghan to stay where he was.

"No, you just recovered." Joshua denied and with great difficulty, he zipped up the bag. Chan and Samuel shared a glance, chuckling at their hyungs. "Then we'll be going first. See you at Jihoon Hyung's apartment tonight." Samuel picked up Chan's bags before him and Chan left the ward.

~...~

Chan and Samuel both took a lick from their ice cream cone as they made their way up the stairs leading towards Samuel's house's front door. Chan watched in awe as Samuel scanned his fingerprint on the door handle, unlocking the door.

"Welcome to your temporary home. My parents are at work now but you'll probably meet them after the party." Samuel said, gesturing towards the cozy-looking one-story house. "You can put your bags in my room if you want since that's where you'll be staying." Samuel continued and Chan quickly nodded his head. The two placed the bags in the room and made their way to the kitchen to get something to drink before going out.

"Wait are we sleeping together?" Chan asked, he did not see any sleeping bag or blow-up mattress in the room and he was wondering if he was going to have to sleep on the floor. "Yeah, we're both boys so it should be okay right?" Samuel answered as he reached for two cups, filling them up with juice. He turned around to see Chan's shocked face and started laughing immediately. "I'm just joking. The mattress is in the attic and my dad said he would bring it down when he gets home from work." Samuel smiled as he handed Chan a cup.

After they had their drink, the two grabbed their coats and headed out again. They had decided to go to attend the street festival nearby, which was just a street where people set up food and game stalls. The two walked side by side in silence, enjoying the evening breeze.

After a 15-minute walk, they finally reached the festival. Loud music was blaring from speakers and people walked around, playing games. In the middle of all of it, there was an empty space where a bunch of people were dancing. "Come on, let's go," Samuel said eagerly. Grabbing Chan by the hand, they plunged into the crowd.

"Chan, let's get this!"

"Chan, can we try this game?"

"Oh my god, these are so cute!"

"Chan, let's get something to eat."

"CHAN, that was my hot dog!" Samuel shouted as Chan took a big bite from the hot dog in his hand. "What? It's really good." Chan shrugged, earning a hard smack from the younger. The two were standing in a corner, each holding a hot dog. Samuel also had a tiger plushie under his arm, won by Chan in a shooting game. Chan was looking around while he waited for Samuel to finish his hot dog when his eyes landed on the crowd that was cheering on a dancing boy.

"Samuel, let's go dance," Chan suggested, causing the younger to look up at him cutely before peering over at the cheering crowd out of interest. "Sure, but after that, we should go. We don't want you to be late for your Welcome Back party." Samuels said, stressing the word ''your".

"Okay, let's go." Chan quickly agreed before pulling Samuel into the crowd. The two boys made their way to the centre of the space and start dancing. Soon, the whole crowd was cheering for them, clapping their hands to the beat. They danced around, making up the moves on the spot but they were in sync, like they were communicating without talking. 

Once the music ended, the two bowed deeply before leaving quickly running off. "That was so awkward but fun at the same time." Samuel giggled as Chan laughed out loud. Checking his watch, Chan realized that they were going to be late for the party. 'We should get going, we don't want to be late." Chan said. And with that, the two made their way over to Jihoon's house, unknowingly holding hands.

~...~

The doorbell rang, causing Jihoon to jump slightly. Soonyoung, who was sitting beside him rubbed his bare thigh in a comforting way before standing up to answer the door while Jihoon turned around to see who it was. Both of them were currently watching a movie while waiting for the others to arrive. There was a bunch of food on the dining table and the house was decorated nicely thanks to both Jihoon and Soonyoung. Jeonghan had texted everybody in the group chat saying that both him and Chan were discharged one day earlier. So, everyone (excluding Jihoon) decided that they will meet up together at Jihoon's house to celebrate their recovery.

"Are we late?" Seokmin asked as he entered the apartment with Seungcheol who was holding a large container. "Nope, it's just us," Soonyoung answered. And the doorbell rang again. "I'll get it," Jihoon said, getting up from the couch to open the door. "Hello, welcome to hell." Jihoon greeted the Junhao couple. The two smiled at him before entering the apartment. Not long after, Seungkwan and Vernon arrived too, which left only Chan, Jeonghan and their "dates" (according to Seokmin and Soonyoung).

"Wow, look at the food!" Seungkwan said, eyes sparkling as he eyed the food hungrily. Just then, the doorbell rang again, for the 4th time that night. "Hey, guys!" Jeonghan waved his hand, Joshua standing next to him with the same big smile. Behind them, Chan and Samuel were silently talking with each other, the tiger plushie hugged tightly by Samuel. 

"Let's eat!!!!" Soonyoung shouted as soon as Vernon closed the door. All of them dug into the food. There was tteokbokki, Ramen, grilled pork, fried chicken, fruits, cupcakes...... They all had a good time chatting and eating. Soonyoung was eyeing the tiger plushie the entire time and pleaded with Samuel for almost 15 minutes to let him have it. Samuel, of course, did not agree. It was won by Chan, he was not just going to randomly give it away.  

~...~

Jeonghan looked around the dimmed room. They had all finished eating and decided to watch a movie together. Chan had taken up the honour and chose a horror movie, much to Seungkwan and Seungcheol complain. Right now, Jihoon and Soonyoung were sitting on the floor, along with Seungkwan, whose face was buried in Vernon's chest, scared to look at the television. Seokmin and Seungcheol were sitting on the sofa while Chan and Samuel were sitting on the beanbag, eyes glued to the screen. Jeonghan smiled, he wished Mingyu and Wonwoo were here. The police had told them not to worry too much when Jihoon and Vernon had reported that Mingyu was missing, but Jeonghan was still worried. He was sure everyone else was too, but they did not show. They all were good at hiding their feeelings.

Jeonghan must have been fidgeting around too much, because Joshua, who was sitting next to him looked over in his direction. "Are you okay?" He asked, worry written on his face. "Yeah," Jeonghan answered, forcing out a smile. Joshua placed a hand around Jeonghan and pulled him closer, rubbing his shoulder to comfort him. Jeonghan smiled to himself before melting into Joshua touch. Suddenly, a horror movie sounded sort of romantic to Jeonghan.

~...~

Doing your best is great, but it's okay to take a break when you feel overwhelmed
- Jeonghan, Seventeen💜

Author 💎