Chapter 24

Miheeka's Pov:

I take off my shoes and step into my house. The fresh aroma of my dad's paneer and biryani hits me as I make my way into the kitchen. My mom paused the Hindi Serial she was watching and hugs me.

"How did your day go amma," she said while making her way back to the sofa where the tv was. My brother comes down the stairs on the phone,

"Chill, babe. I will talk to you later. No, I did not see Molly. Bye." He says while shaking his head and side hugging me. I laugh at his hundredth new girlfriend this week. Then my dad comes and bangs a spoon against a plate.

"Guys! Dinner is ready! Come on!" My dad while taking his apron off. I make my way to our large dining table and help myself. My dad comes over and pours us each a glass of wine. We sit in silence for a few minutes until my mom speaks up.

"I met your friend Shriya's mom at the grocery store today. They seem like nice people. I was thinking about inviting them and Anushka's family to dinner for your birthday." I spit out the water I was drinking. Mumma continues, "Since Anushka's birthday is a few days after yours. We were thinking of celebrating it together after our family celebration." I nod at her but on the inside, I am slowly dying. A few hours later Anushka calls me.

"Hey, our moms are planning on celebrating our birthdays together," she says while laughing. I laugh too.

"My mom said we will have dinner with Shriya's family and then all of our friends can go to the pub." "Shriya's family..." I say. My mind wanders and I start to think about Rana, "Hello," Anushka calls into the phone.

"Hmmm, thinking about a certain someone, cough cough name starting with "r", ending with "a", and an "an" in-between," she teases me when I don't respond. I feel my face heat up a bit. "Are you excited to see someone as well?" I say while teasing her back.

"I'm not the one who is daydreaming about him," I hear her laugh and I roll my eyes.

"When will you admit it," she says.

"I will when you do," I reply. She groans as I laugh at her.

"What are you going to wear to dinner because I want to change before we go to the club," I ask her.

"Oh ya, I didn't think of that, we can't wear the same dress at dinner as well. Why don't we ask Shriya if she's free and the rest of our friends and whoever can come we can all get our club dresses together," she replies.

"For our birthday dinner dresses we can go together," She says ok and we text our friends to see who can come to go shopping.

Anushka Pov:

I take my hair out of the towel and plug in my hair dryer. I don't have time to let my hair air dry, so I quickly dry my hair with my hairdryer. I push the bangs out of my face as I put some moisturizer onto my hands. I rub lotion on the rest of my body and put on a headband to push my hair out of my face. I get all the makeup out that I'm going to use and start.

"Ugh," I groan as I try to blend my eyeshadow together. I put aside the makeup which I will have to use to reapply before going to the club.

"Done," I set the little brush down on my vanity and look at my face in the mirror. I have to admit, my makeup came out very good, especially my eye makeup.

I comb my hair and separate it so I can start curling it. I use the curler I got for my birthday last year and just take a few pieces of hair and wrap it around the curling wand.

"Do you need help putting on the dress," Amma comes in after about 15 minutes.

"I'm almost done with my hair, so I'll call you if I do," I reply to her. She nods and leaves my room.