Chapter 61

Sam's Pov:

I look around, sighing as everyone starts to leave and we start to clean the venue up.

"Anushka has instructed the two of us to not help with the cleaning up and to sit down instead," Miheeka says while sitting down on the chair by me. I nod and smile at her.

I look at Anushka helping stack the chairs. "She really outdid herself huh?"

Miheeka nods, "She really didn't need to, I mean especially after what happened."

I look down. It never occurred to me that it would be hard for Anushka to be with us talking about our babies. A sudden wave of guilt hits me and I want to give her a big hug.

Miheeka sighs, "I feel so bad, but she started organizing this even before that happened. I don't have the heart to mention it and remind her. I mean look at her she looks like she's hurting so much inside."

I pull my dress down a bit.

"I want to give her a big hug. I have never seen her like this and I have known her for my whole life." Miheeka smiles a bit sadly in response.

"I didn't even think my parents would accept mine and Chay's baby like this but because of her risking her relationship with our parents I am having such a big gender reveal" I start sniffling a bit and Miheeka pulls me into a hug.

"Don't cry Sam. It's going to be okay. Don't stress out your body and the baby."

I gulp and allow myself to be comforted by her.

"Thanks M. I wouldn't be able to do this without you." She smiles in response, squeezing me in a hug.

"We've come so far haven't we, and I'm really hoping it's only going to be uphill from here," Miheeka says smiling, her cheeks tinted with pink.

"We have a great support system around us, and the best husbands by our side, we'll be ok." She gives me a reassuring nod and I lean my head on hers. I look around the room, all of our family talking and laughing as they work together to clean up the gender reveal thrown for our babies.

"Our boys are going to be so loved," I say to Miheeka, nodding at our family in the room around us.

"They really are." I let out a contented sigh. Who would have thought this is where we would be. Through all the ups and downs we've all gone through, I see a light at the end of the tunnel for us. We just need to keep walking, keep living.

"Sam look at them," Miheeka giggles while pointing at Rana, Prabhas, and Chay all jumping up and trying to take down the banners hanging on the wall. I see Anushka walk up to them with her hands up, asking what they are doing. She sighs before pointing at the corner behind them at the little ladder. She rolls her eyes and brings it to them. She unfolds it while they all watch her as she climbs onto it, Prabhas holding it to make sure it's stable. She undoes the banner and brings it down, handing it to Chay.

I whistle while Miheeka claps, cheering for Anushka. She blushes and shakes her head walking away to another table while the boys just look at us with a face of astonishment.

They all walk over to us with their arms crossed over their chests.

"How were we supposed to know the ladder was over there," Chay questions us as we laugh at them.

"You should have seen the way you were struggling. You all claim to be such big men and you can't even do that small job," I say while holding my stomach and laughing at them. Chay shakes his head at me while the other two roll their eyes while looking at the ground sourly.