Chapter 31

*Time skip to 2 months later*

Anushka's Pov:

"Is that it," I ask with my phone by my ear, holding it up with my shoulder. I walk down the next aisle while looking at a box of cookies. I put a few of the special edition flavors in my cart knowing that Prabhas would want to try the flavors as well. I hear my phone vibrate with a message. I move out of the aisle I am in and go to the frozen section while opening up a message from Prabhas. He sent me a selfie of him cleaning up the kitchen area in his house and setting up for our little cooking date. I smile to myself, he's such a cutie. I sent a quick reply back to him before pushing my cart to the checkout area.

Aww

my cutie

I'm going to check out right now so I'll be home soon

Prabhas's Pov:

I finish unloading the dishes when I see Anushka reply to my message.

I smile when I see that she calls me her cutie, and I feel myself fall for even more when she says she'll be home soon, like she's coming home to our home.

I go upstairs to take a quick shower before Anushka comes. I changed into a pair of black joggers and a plain white shirt.

I open up my laptop and I sit against my bedrest while scrolling through some emails for a little bit.

After about 10 minutes, I hear the doorbell ring. I close my laptop and walk down the stairs.

I open the door and see Anushka standing outside. She has a pair of sunglasses on and her hair is down. She is wearing a pair of black leggings and a simple flowy shirt. She walks into the house and sets the grocery bags in her hands down and I walk out to her car to get the rest.

"Is it just these 4 left," I ask her as I bring the bags inside.

"Yes and my purse please," she says to me while putting the cold items away. I walk back to her car and grab her purse from inside.

I set it on the kitchen island and helped her put all the groceries.

"This feels so nice doesn't it," Anushka says to me while putting the bananas in the basket.

"Putting away groceries, coming home to each other," She says while nodding her head.

"Ya, go on," I say to her with a teasing smile.

She shakes her head at me as a blush starts to creep up on her neck, "You know what I mean," she says to me with a frown. I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her from behind.

"Yes I do," I whisper into her ear. She wraps her arms around mine and leans into me. We stay like that for a few minutes until Anushka suddenly moves my arms from around her and walks to where I put her purse.

"Look, I saw these special edition flavors of these cookies, so we can try them later," She says to me while showing me the packets. I walk over to her and start to open one of the packets. "Not yet, after dinner," she says while lightly slapping my arm away.

"Here can you hold this," She hands me two of her hair ties. She flips her head upside down and uses her hands to move all of her hair into a bun. She stretches her arm out to me, so I put the hair ties in her hand and she wraps them around her hair making a messy bun. She pulls out the baby hairs and moves her bangs to the side of her head, away from her face.

"Good," she asks me while raising her eyebrow. I push a piece of hair away from her face and move it behind her ear.

"Perfect," I say to her and lean down to kiss her. She wraps her arms around my neck and stands on her tiptoes. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her close to me.