Chapter 43

*2 Months Later*

Miheeka's Pov:

I put the milk carton into my cart and walk into the bread aisle.

"Oh I'm sorry," I grip the end of my cart and move it back when I bump into another cart in front of me.

"It's ok," I hear a familiar voice say to me from a few feet away. I look up across from me and gasp under my breath.

"Anushka," I say, my mouth dropping. She looks equally as shocked, her hand covering her mouth.

I bite down on my lip, when I take in Anushka's appearance. She looks like a mess, and I suddenly feel bad. Her eye bags are so prominent and she looks like she lost a lot of weight. She has dark circles around her eyes and for someone who used to be so put together, she looks like she's on the verge of falling apart. She looks like someone who's been overworking themselves and not taking care of themselves.

We just stare at each other in silence for a few seconds before I speak up.

"Are you okay," I ask her and I can see her walls breaking. She comes towards me and hugs me, the tears all coming out. I help her check out her groceries and she comes to my car.

I sit in the driver's seat next to her, and turn towards her, waiting for her to speak up.

"What happened to you?"

"Nothing happened, I'm fine," She shakes her head, looking away from me.

"You're not fine. Do you see yourself? Fine, you're coming to my house, put your seatbelt on," I turn to the driving wheel and put my keys in. I quickly drove to my house even before she could protest against me.

I sit her down on the couch in the living room as soon as we get home.

"Talk," I sat down across from her with my hands crossed over my chest.

"It's just taking longer to move on from the breakup than I thought it would," She says quietly and I see her eyes fill up with tears. My face softens and I feel bad for being pushy.

"You never ended up telling me exactly what happened between you two?"

Anushka takes a breath before narrating what happened between them a few months ago, making them break up.

"I'm sorry, I really thought you guys would make up somehow," I say, trying to comfort her. She shakes her head fiercely, "No. We broke up for a reason. It's for us to be better people," She stubbornly shakes her head and I roll my eyes. Clearly the breakup is not what's best for them, but it's not my job to butt my head into their business. A few minutes of silence goes by and I speak up.

"He moved out a few months ago by the way. He's not living with Rana and his family anymore. They still haven't made up for the fight they had in the hotel room. I don't know exactly what happened though. Weren't you there?," I say to her.

She explains to me what happened and I go quiet, trying to take everything in.

"Rana never told me. He said they just had an argument, but I didn't think it was this bad," She nods at me as I say in shock.

"They are still working together right," Anushka asks me, her face full of worry.

"Ya, they are. Everyone went and tried to talk to him, but he won't listen to anyone," I say and she looks up at me.

"Maybe you could try talking to him," I added quietly, catching her attention.

"Why would I go talk to him? Who am I to go talk to him? He isn't some little kid to order him around, he can do what he wants," She says bitterly, and I raise my hands up in defense.