Chapter 3: Awakening

"Oh wow, she's pretty." Yujin remarks as soon she saw a glimpse of Wonyoung's fixed face. But, "Pretty ugly," she rolled her eyes around, denying to herself the latter's beauty.

Right now, they are helping the youngest to clean up. The group's planning to enroll her right away, but it would be suspicious if she'd look dirty, wouldn't she?

"She is pretty." Minju opposes, looking at Yujin with one brow being raised.

But Yujin just let out a 'tsk' before saying, "I don't care. She's still a perverted intruder."

"Look who's talking.." Chaewon whispers, but purposely making it loud enough for Yujin to hear.

"I'm not an intruder—"

"I mean a pervert.." Chaewon looks at Yujin with a teasing smirk.

Then Yujin immediately denied, "Heck I'm not!"

"Sure sure.." Both Minju and Chaewon just looks at each other, giggling to themselves.

After a few minutes later, "Done!" Chaeyeon announces the moment she, together with Hyewon, finished fixing Wonyoung up.

And so, together they went to the main building of the authorities to register up.

———

But as soon as they entered—

"I see no records from the guard wizards of you entering here?" The professor in charge, Ms. Bae Joohyun, or simply known Professor Irene, says as she was digging into the leather covered book she's holding.

Upon seeing nothing, she held her glasses with her thumb and index finger before facing the students, which only made them gulp on their throat, feeling more nervous as before.

"U-uhmm.. we— uhh.." Chaeyeon paused, looking at her members with a look asking for 'help'.

Then thankfully, Chaewon stepped in, "We were the ones who fetched her personally.... Ma'am."

"Fetched? So you went outs—"

"No! No, professor we didn't." Minju also helped out, "Her relatives brought her here.. and we— uhh.." she paused for a bit to find a proper excuse.

And Professor Irene was intently looking at her, waiting for an answer.

Even the two maknaes were standing still at the corner, feeling nervous at the situation. But Yujin's nervousness was nothing compared to how anxious Wonyoung felt right now.

Seeing how uneasy the atmosphere is, Hyewon did something that made them focus on her. She didn't say any words, but only raised her hands, yet it was enough to capture everyone's attention, especially the Professor's.

"What is it you want to say?"

Then Hyewon, she lazily points herself, then at Wonyoung. Afterwards she held the younger's shoulder.

Chaeyeon was the first one to get what the older's point was, and so she speaks, "Yes of cours— I mean Professor Bae! They are relatives! Wonyoung and Hyewon are cousins."

The rest of the members, and even Wonyoung herself were shocked at the sudden statement.

"Wait wha—" Yujin almost shouted out, but thankfully Chaewon was quick enough to cover her loud mouth.

The Professor, also was convinced at this, and so she nodded, "Hmm.. I see..." She says lastly before she brought down her record book to the table.