Chapter 52: The War; The Gossiper's Fall

The past hid many secrets. Chaewon finally grasp understanding of everything.

But it isn't just the past.

Hand trembling hard on the ground, tears fell and her lips shaken. Chaewon fell devastated by what she saw next.

The future... a future she would never wish for.

It's true indeed, that such history can repeat itself. And now they're here facing another war again.

Another tear fell as she raised her head and watched her comrades battle against the soldiers, and against themselves. She watched Hyewon and Yena fought enemies from attacking the awoken spirits. Yujin fighting along the Goddesses. Nako trying to defend the dragon from harm... and Minju who fought along to protect their friends.

It came to this point where Chaewon silently begged for the Heavens to hear her plead.

How... can I make this stop?

She cried more.

But then she realized... the only way to end this war is to risk whatever it takes. They have no escape from it.

Wiping her tears, Chaewon forced herself to stand up, her right eye glowing dim golden as she glared at the man who is behind all this mess.

"Hahahahahaha..!" Hwan's laughter echoed aloud the battlefield. "Finally! I'm free!" He celebrates after being freed from the power of the golden vision.

His grin reached his ears as he watched the scenery before him. The spirits had awoken, the thief retrieved the eye, Aku knocked on the ground.. the war had started. "All according to planned." And he laughed sinisterly.

"Yena.." Chaewon stutters, frozen shocked seeing the vicious glare Hwan gave to the blind girl. "Don't you dare!" And she shouts, running towards him when she saw Hwan pulling out his brush to summon his beast. She tackled him down that resulted to him releasing grip from the brush.

"Well, if it isn't the thief," Hwan grinned after he fell.

He pushed the girl quickly and switched their position, now it's him who's holding Chaewon against the ground with his fingers grasping ferociously around the girl's neck. "That eye..." he chuckled.

Chaewon struggled to breath for air. Face started turning red. She held Hwan's hands but she can't shove them away.

"... Its power's already weak, is it?" Hwan continued.

"I-I'm not... letting you again!" Chaewon shuts her right eye close. She can't let the past happen once more. Hwan with the possession of the eye meant nothing but only destruction of this world.

Hwan's laughter echoed as if it was the most ridiculous thing he ever heard. "Oh no, Woman. I'm not after that eye." Then he turned aside to see Yena... and the bandage she has around her face. "I want her eye."

Chaewon was about to lose it. Black she started seeing at the edges of her vision while her face turned almost purple from the force. She can breath no more.

When a strong gush of wind blew Hwan off from Chaewon. 

"Chae!" Minju came with her summoned beast and distracted Hwan away.

Chaewon immediately stoop up, coughing, with the help of Minju. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Chaewon coughed once more before she faced Minju. "Y-yena... she has the other pair." She points her eye, only earning a shocked gasp from the Princess.