Chapter 35: Return to WIZ Academy

Peace was maintained within WIZ Academy in the previous 3 months. All students have been training themselves stronger preparing for the upcoming selection tournament.

But of course, rumors continued spreading about the eight students who bravely went out from the school.

"It's been two months already... aren't they coming back yet?"

"Coming back? How? They should be dead by now."

"They wouldn't even survive the forest outside, I bet."

"It is said that they're already dead."

Almost all students laughed by the rumors.

But of course, there's one who's never been fond of the spreading gossip. She's worried rather.

"Unnie, calm down," a tall girl went comforting the other one who's seemingly out of herself.

She's been like this ever since she last saw her older sister. "I'm just worried, Yuna." She said, biting anxiously her lip while her pupils shake. Her last news of Chaeyeon was when they crossed path on Gafrosa where she almost got harassed by some bandits. But she never heard of anything after that. "Where could she be?" She stood up towards the window where the curtains suppressed the light of the sun from shining on her face. "The tournament's beginning next week."

"Chaeyeon-nim's going to be fine!" The one being called Yuna slumped herself with arms widespread across the soft bed. "She's a support, but she's strong! And smart! All of them are strong." Her eyes averts sideways to look at Chaeryeong, "I doubt the rumors are real." But then she could only burrow her eyebrows upon receiving a silent response. "Unless you're worried of something else?"

Chaeryeong released a deep sigh, "I'm... No, I really need her."

"Does it have something to do with your clan?"

"No. But something bad is going to happen," her nails got buried on her palm as she clenched her fist. "I'm afraid all of us might be in danger."

"Ah... you're right," Yuna hissed and went back to staring emptily at the ceiling. "Professor Jen's book haven't been found yet..."

Chaeryeong lips were pressed together, her aura leaked out of frustration that even Yuna got cautious of. She's in this state again, it only means she's truly threatened. Something bad is really going to happen soon. "Yuna," she called to command, "call your cousin."

"Ryujin? Why?"

"We'll form a team to participate in the tournament. Have Lia and Yeji join us."

Yuna had her eyes widened as she instantly turned her head to face the older, "Really?" Stutters came out from her mouth as she sat up. "I mean... you will fight against Chaeyeon then?"

"I don't have a purpose of going against my sister," she turned around only giving Yuna chills down to her spine as she saw Chaeryeong's eyes were glowing silver-gray. "We need to attend the tournament."

"B-but!" Yuna had her lips trembling just by the thoughts. "Do I have to fight too?" The tone in her voice obviously sounded like she doesn't want to.

"Not necessarily—"

Chaeryeong got cut off when the door abruptly slammed open, surprising them when a girl with short hair, it was Yuna's cousin Ryujin who was behind the door catching her breath. "They're back!"

It shocked them even more, but most especially Chaeryeong. No name was mentioned but she already knew who Ryujin's pertaining to. So without hesitation she already dashed outside hurriedly. Ryujin and Yuna exchanged looks for a second before going after Chaeryeong.