Chapter 33: The Blood Magician and the South Princess

"This is Blizholde..?" Surprise must be an understatement to how Chaeyeon is right now. Wrecked buildings, ruined walls and houses everywhere, broken objects scattered on the ground, such sight reminds her of the Raven Umbra village's state. It's an absolute destruction completely opposite to how she expects it to be. And most distinct to it all, there were frozen ashes and burned marks all over. Like Blizholde was burned down into this entire havoc.

Right now, Chaeyeon and Sakura have reached the inner walls of the great frozen city, Blizholde, in search for their lost friend. Solid ice, thick snow and cold weather is absolutely everywhere. Even their thick winter jacket failed to protect them from the cold. It's undeniably arctic.

But despite all distractions, beyond these ruined city is something that stunned Chaeyeon into deeper bewilderment. People with unusual characteristics she saw, some with wings like Nako and horns like Hitomi, even some with ears or tails similar to Sakura, there are demons everywhere!

"U-uh... are we safe here, Saku-chan?" Not wanting to sound any racialist however she couldn't help herself but be worried. Chaeyeon got frightened that she didn't even notice herself hiding close behind the older demon. It's a first time she witnessed this much demons gathered in one place even tho she already have Sakura just on her side.

The older gently pats her shoulder to assure her security with her tail rising to crawl around the human's waist, "It's alright. Demons here are friendly."

It was enough assurance, but even so Chaeyeon still stayed close to Sakura. She's not used to this kind of skinship but she felt safe. For all her life she's always been the older one, the Unnie that protects her younger siblings and the person whom her younger members are depending on to. But now it's overwhelming to feel when relying into someone  who protects her just like this, it's new experience and comforting.

"I hope I can find Rui here..." Sakura truly wished to find her old friend. She must search for Rui to find that child. Luna's child.

Luna, a gallant sorceress that reached the peak of magician rankings, a God-tier that existed back in the millennium.

"Who's Rui? Well... if you don't mind me asking."

"A friend of mine, and old pal as well."

Sakura was delicately holding Chaeyeon by her arms as if she was a fragile thing. She secretly lets out a small chuckle upon seeing how the human looks like a scared child right now, it's a rare sight too see. It only made Sakura want to protect her more. And so, she started guiding Chaeyeon further into the ruined city as she talks, "The Southern Nation is the only continent that accepted us demons to reside, and so we lived here as our home. We lived in peace... not until the second doom war broke out."

"The war resulted to this," it doesn't sound like a question, rather Chaeyeon's conclusions. Having to witness a whole destructed city, it already made her certain of her thoughts.

Sakura hummed a response as she nods, "You're right. Not much citizens survived, not even the ruling family so Blizholde was never reconstructed." A sigh full of regret escaped from her mouth, "Perhaps in the near future, the whole South might disappear from the map."

"How... tragic."

"It is. But I shouldn't be worried anymore after I met her."