Chapter 11: Saved

"W-wow," Falling speechless, Wonyoung stared glamorously at Chaeyeon who's fully focused. "I want to be as strong as Unnie too."

Chaeyeon right now had her eyes closed while placing her open palms midair. She's still being soaked in the warm pond helping relax her body.

"Shh, let's not disturb her Wony," Minju sushed and whispered, telling the younger not to make any sudden move nor loud sounds.

Wonyoung obeyed innocently and waits with patience, staring back at Chaeyeon with delight flashed in her eyes. She can't deny she envies the latter. She became more determined to become a powerful support just like Chaeyeon someday.

But the longer she observes her, the more curious she gets.

So she faced Minju, "This isn't a level of a first grader, is it?" She tried as possible as she could to lower her voice.

Minju then nodded and replied with the same whisper, "She could already have been a second grade right now if it wasn't for her being support magician."

"Eh? What does it have to do with support powers?"

"The authorities, the government, the priests and priestesses, even some of the royal families, and almost every person in this world, they look down on support types too much. They don't have much expectations towards them that they ignored their capabilities. That's why it's difficult for a support to rank up."

Hearing this made Wonyoung lower her head, "Oh, is that so..?" Dismay can be heard in her voice. "Is that why my classmates keep calling me weak?"

Minju pats her head softly, "Being looked down on doesn't mean you're weak. That's why you have to be strong like Chaeyeon-unnie so no one can step on you anymore, okay?" She chuckled seeing the younger's pout.

Not until suddenly, they heard a groan from the pond. It was Chaeyeon deeply wincing. Her pale skin have become paler as she shrinks below the water.

"Unnie!" Both Minju and Wonyoung exclaimed as they went to Chaeyeon and help her sit in proper. Minju stayed behind the older so she could lean her tired body on her. She glanced at Chaeyeon's back, only to gasp seeing how her bruises got worse.

Wonyoung on the other hand is being attacked by panic that she ended up being statued.

Chaeyeon cried from another wave of pain came. "Fucking backlash," she cries loud with pain in her shout.

"W-what backlash??" Minju stopped when she realized, "Did you support them three at the same time?!"

Chaeyeon couldn't bring herself to answer nor defend herself. She's already too vulnerable. Now Chaeyeon's growing weaker and weaker every second that she's slowly losing consciousness. And she's back to being asleep with Minju holding her to prevent her from drowning down.

"Come here, Wonyoung."

The younger followed. Minju then moved Chaeyeon to Wonyoung for her to hold, "Look out for her," she said and left the pond.

"Where are you going, Unnie?"

"I'll check on them," She says lastly before running off from the same path they took earlier. However, she didn't even get to run a few more steps when dark figures emerges from the deep woods.

It alerted her and even Wonyoung.

"It's just us Minju," Minju breathed out of relief when Chaewon spoke. However she got shocked when she saw her carrying an unconscious Hyewon with her.