Chapter 38: Selection Tournament (3)

A/N:

I'm not sure when I can update next, so I'll just drop this here. ;))

———

Nothing is more exciting than the opening ceremony for the start of the last day of the selection tournament. Everyone was gathered at the open arena with their respective groups while the authorities are welcoming important people that will be attending the tournament.

"Let us welcome Bishop Yeon!" Everyone clapped by the entrance of the well respected man. The crowd's applause only stopped when he already took his seat. One by one, for every entrance of high people who is attending to judge are welcomed by the students' applauds and hails.

Except of course for some girls.

"Who do they think they are?" Sakura was the first to break their silence, chuckling out of sarcasm, "They are treated like damn Lords— what title do they even have?"

"Lim Kyuwoon is a Priest from Gafrosa cathedral. That man wearing a green robe is a Duke from Moundrith city. That woman with the crimson dress is a mistress of one noble clan. That one who entered just now is Yeon Manhwil, the bishop of Hyorani minster." Everyone looks at Minju amused. They all have the same thought running on their minds, she's a damn princess. Of course she would know these noble people.

"I don't need those damn na—"

"Duke Povell of the West!!"

Sakura's rant stopped as well as the other members. They shrieked on their places by the announcement of the name they are wary of. Duke Aku Povell, all of them thought of the same. He's finally here.

Chaewon noticed the flames within Minju's eyes as she glared at the man. Her hands were trembling, and her aura gloomed fumingly. Not just Chaewon, but everyone can feel Minju's silent rage. Especially... when he came as well.

"Let us all bow and hail the almighty, King Hwan of Central Empire!!" Everyone hailed by kneeling on their knees. They had they forehead kissing the ground as they chant the King's name.

"Let's kneel down, Lady Min," Chaewon was getting nervous. Minju really won't pay respect to him. Not as a brother nor as a king.

"Minju, you'll be found of you don't— just bow for goodness sake!" Yuri whispered. She was already down on her knees with Yena. Not out of respect, but just a mere act of pretend. One by one they bowed as well.

"Don't trouble us you damn sh*t!" Sakura held Minju's nape and used a strength to push Minju down. Minju was forced to bow just like the rest, but her aura never settled. It spread like water leaking from a hole of a barrel.

Hyewon noticed her discomposure, so she as well held Minju's head down until her forehead met the cold ground. "I know your hatred. I understand you. But don't ever let that rage manipulate you, Kim Minju. For you are a Princess. Think of your people before yourself."

"Lower your head, Lady Min, before Hwan gets to see your face." Chaeyeon uttered a whisper of warning too.

"Lady Min," Chaewon held Minju's trembling hands gently. "The Central will completely crumble down without you. Please, don't get caught."

This hand... this warm touch. It never failed to close the hole of Minju's rage. It's always been Chaewon that she seeks comfort from. With one tear that dropped from her eye, she tightens her hold to their intertwined hands and finally gave up. She rested her body to kneel down.

"Why are you not bowing, little girl?" All of them flinched when Hwan's voice echoed all throughout the arena.

The members turned to Minju's direction almost immediately, but creased their brows when they saw it wasn't her. Minju did bow down.